cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SXMB_MONI Difference between XI 7.0 and PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are in the process of upgrading to PI 7.1 and have completed the D and Q upgrades. We are now performing regression testing on our scenarios, and have encountered the following issue. Scenarios that are synch, for example Idoc to Web Service, or Web Service to RFC when executed in the 7.0 environment we could view the Sender and Receiver Service, Namespace, interface for both the request and response messages within SXMB_MONI. When executing the same scenarios in 7.1, the request message entry in SXMB_MONI looks the same, but the response message only shows the sender component (service) and the sender namespace, sender interface, receiver component, receiver namespace, and receiver interface are all blank. The message is correctly transferred however.

Has anyone else experienced this during the upgrade to 7.1?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris

Check SXMB_ADM -> integration engine configuration -> change specific configuration data check

LOGGING_SYNC is set or not. if not you can set it from trace 1 to 3.

Mostly its is not recommended for Production system you can try to set error analysis settings and create a condition for SYNC logging.

Thanks

Gaurav

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gaurav and Sami, thanks for the responses.

LOGGING_SYNC is set to 1. That was one of the first things I checked. I thought maybe that the setting didn't stay through the upgrade, but it did.

The RWB message monitoring also doesn't include all the sender and receiver information on the response message either, which I forgot to mention in my original post.

From what I can tell, everything is configured the same way as it was in 7.0. Is there a difference in how some of the configuration objects function in 7.1 for synchronous communications?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Don't have the answer to this question, but would love to hear on your analysis as and when you perform the same.

Do provide us a update if you make headway. Thanks.

Regards

Bhavesh

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is general XI feature that you can enable/disable logging for synchronous communication. It can be set from transaction SXMB_ADM, under Change Specific Configuration you can change default value for SYNC_LOGGING.

Regards,

Sami.