cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which roles are needed to call a BAPI in an ERP system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in a scenario I use a SOAP Receiver adapter to call a BAPI in an ERP system. In the SOAP adapter I configured User Authentication.

The question is which role(s) does this user need that this scenario could work?

Thanks and regards

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

[;

might help you some regards.

Siddhesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

kkram
Contributor
0 Kudos

Patrick

Since you are using SOAP adapter to call BAPI, there is no requirement for S_RFC authorization. However, within the BAPI, depending on the business data, there are some inherent authorization checks. Make sure that the user you use in the SOAP adapter is a service user so that access using SAP GUI is not an option. Also, if you are not comfortable with SAP_ALL (which most of us are not), you are left with trial and error. The bare minimum you would want is PI application user (it is available for all integration engines).

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your answer, but in the ERP system I couldn't find a PI application user?

Anybody else?

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>in a scenario I use a SOAP Receiver adapter to call a BAPI in an ERP system

I think this would be RFC Receiver Adapter )))

If you are using RFC at Receiver End means, there is no specific Roles needs to have the user to make RFC Call to ERP

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> I think this would be RFC Receiver Adapter )))

No I use the SOAP Adapter to call the BAPI

@ Siddhesh: I tried it with the roles given in your link

- SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR_J2EE

- SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER

- SAP_XI_DEVELOPER_J2EE

- SAP_XI_IS_SERV_USER

But it's not working with these roles

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Patrick ,

Hi i don't think any particular role is required for this. Just create a user(even a simple communication user ) with proper authorization(as per the authorization objects ) .

Give a shot to this...

But definitely which bapi you are going to use and which areas it is going to affect will play a major role.

May i know the name of the bapi ?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your answers.

The used BAPI is Customer.GetDetail2 and BTW it works with a user that has the profile SAP_ALL. But I couldn't imagine that all this authorizations are necessary for calling the BAPI.

It would be very helpful to know only the role(s) this user need.

Regards

Patrick