cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Workflow step - LDAP roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Scenario : When LDAP is turned on and in the workflow design(visio) step I set the value 'Role' for Assignee Type and drop down Assignee roles. Ok.

Question: Now the list of Roles are retrieved from MDM Console or from Active Directory??

thanks,

Alexander.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It retrives from the Console.

Netaji.B

Former Member
0 Kudos

In an LDAP scenario - the role needs tobe mapped to the user in the User Directory - like an Active Directory.

The role mapped in Active Directory controls the access for the user.

Does this and the other replies answer your question. ? Let us know if you need more info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for the replies.

If its retrieving from Console; I could see lots of space between the roles do you have any idea?

For example:

Admin

--> This space between the roles caused by what reason??

--> " " " " "

TestDev

TestCust

thanks

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

If you have a Branch step in the workflow,then you have to select the validation that you want to run at that step.

And if the validation passes you need to select which path it needs to take and if the validation fails then it takes the Default path you mention.

This option of selecting the default appears only when you use the branch step in the workflow

If you use a simple process step and assign it to users or Roles.

It will only display the roles there.

If you are talking about a different scenario case then please explain.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

let me explain with a scenario, this will help you.

I have created a user ( Alex) with password in the Console with Admin ROLE.

So when i assign the user to some of the step in the workflow VISIO, that step can be performed by the concern user ( Alex) by refering the roles in the MDM Console.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Vijay