cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unique Field as Non-Qualifier in Qualified Flat Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have the requirement to store the customer data regarding company code in the qualified flat:

customer have different data related on company code. It's important that this company code have to be unique in this qualified flat. (e. g. one customer have data with company code 3850, 3860 and 3870, its not allowed to store further data with the same company code 3850).

In the console I set the company code as unique and non-qualifierer field. But afterwards I was able to put two records with the same company code in this lookup qualified flat table.

What did I wrong? ( I use MDM 5.5 SP 6 Patch 3).

Best regards,

Nico

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nico,

You have done properly from your side but this is the default behaviour of Qualified table. Making Non-Qualifier field as Unique will not allow you to add same non-qualifier valie in Qualified table but this is not applicable when you link your main table record with Qualified table records. Try to fulfill your requirement with Lookup multivalued fields instead of going for Qualified table because we cannot restict the Non-Qualifiers to be unique.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh & Vincent,

thanks for your quick replies.

@Vincent: I am working with Data Manager, not with Import Manager.

@Jitesh: With the multi-value flat table I can't not define different qualifier. My requirement is to build a data model where I can store appr. 30 Attributes to the customer depending on customer code. And I can only do this with qualified flat table.

Do you have some hints, how can I although fullfil my requirement?

Best regards

Nico

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nico,

Yes you are correct. Whenever you want to achieve the functionality of Qualified table you need to split in into multiple fields. In your case you may need to create few multivalued lookups and Text fields. It's like a compromise.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nico,

Please update us on your issue...

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Unfortunately, there's no standard setting to have unique entries in qualified table per main table entry. A workaround can be (the more non-Qualifiers, the less usable) a validation checking using FIND if the non-qualifier string is found multiple times. For short lists it might be helpful.

Regards

Jutta

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the behaviour depend of the settings for qualified upadate.

(Set Qualified Update sub-menu when define mapping in import manager)

Settings can be:

- Append

- Replace

- Update

In your, case looks to be "Update". be sure the Set Matching Qualifier is righly set for the qualifier which indentify the relation to the flat data. (sometimes have to clean this point)

Check New links are : Create and Existing Links are : Update (All Mapped Qualifiers)

Hope helps you

best regards

Vincent