cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

communication channel with ws type doesn't appear in RWB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I've defined communication channel with type of WS. However when I check the CC status in RWB under communication channel monitoring, the ws CC doesn't appear in the listbox. If I just type in the CC name, it can not find it. Is this a bug because ws CC is too new in PI 7.1? Or anything I need to do?

Thanks

Eric

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric

WS adapter runs on ABAP stack and it will not be available in RWB. Similarly you cant develop modules for WS adapter type.

If you are using WS adapter for web services check in Web service logs and tracing which acts as a central location for all web service related communication for PI landscape.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where to track web service logs.

For ABAP --> PI --> ABAP scenario, I also checked in MONI in the sender (ws consumer) ABAP system (not in PI), not message there. How come? in the consumer system, I coded a abap test program to call the client proxy class to send out data, the client proxy is called absolutely, I expected this message must be recorded in MONI in the ws consumer ABAP system (not PI), but nothing appears there.

When I debugged into the sender program, I noticed that the client proxy's TRACE not initiated. How to activate it? In SICF I don't see the option to activate trace under xi. Once it's activated, I should see the traced information in MONI of the local xi engine?

Thanks

Eric

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The WS adapter runs on the ABAP stack and hence you will not see in the RWB.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see, then is there any tool in ABAP stack to monitor WS, IDOC and XI adapter? like the one in RWB?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

to be honest , I haven't digged in much yet on WS adapter and hence I don't know.

For now, help.sap and SDN library documents are the only hope

But yeah you should see the message in MONI.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, if message goes through PI, I can see it in MONI. But MONI only monitor pipeline, not the adapters. Anyway, thanks for your help. Points assigned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eric,

>>Yeah, if message goes through PI, I can see it in MONI. But MONI only monitor pipeline, not the adapters. Anyway, thanks for your help. Points assigned.

can i know which Adapter you are using?

IF you use IDOC then check it in IDX5- SAP-ADAPTER-MONITORING

Thanks,

Xi user