Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the task id really read only?

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

is it possible to set the TASK_ID to an own defined value? For me it looks as if the TASK_ID is read only.

I am setting the project id and the phase ids but it doesn't work if I change it for the task id in the method: IF_EX_DPR_ATTRIBUTES~SET_DEFAULTS_UPON_CREATION

Could someone tell me how to change the values?

Thx, Vanessa

Edited by: Vanessa Martinez on Oct 30, 2008 4:06 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa,

The task ID field is set in "read only" in the field control customizing. You can check it in:

SAP customizing->collaboration project->global enhancement to project elements->set up field control.

If you have a look at the 0SAP field control, object type TTO, then "assign fields to field group", you can see that task id is set to "G003", which "read only".

Even if you copy this FC to a custom one, the standard system forbids you to change a "read only" property to a "changeable" one. You will get an error message if you try.

The only way would be to bypass this error message in debug mode, I was able to do this for test purpose only. However, as it's a standard change, I don't recommand this.

Matthias

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Matthias,

I would like to change this field by code "<ls_attributes_task>-task_id = 'TEST'." in the IF_EX_DPR_ATTRIBUTES~SET_DEFAULTS_UPON_CREATION implementation.

But this code has no impact. The system takes its own number.

Is it really neccessary to set the field writeable in order to change it via coding?

Thx and have a nice evening,

Vanessa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it's necessary. You can check it directly in debug mode: the field property is set to read-only. This comes from to the field control customizing.

That's why your code does not work.

The only way is to make a modification in the field control, and that would be a standard modification, as you need to bypass the standard check.

Matthias

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Matthias,

thanks a lot for your answer. I couldn't manage to set the field control because - like you told - it is SAP standard.

But with your information I will go with it.

Thanks a lot and have a good start into the week,

Vanessa

thomas_berndt
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vanessa,

I created a new thread for your previous question. This is to ensure that we'll have one thread per topic.

Best regards,

Thomas

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, you are right. Thank you.

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

> Yes it's necessary. You can check it directly in debug mode: the field property is set to read-only. This comes from to the field control customizing.

> The only way is to make a modification in the field control, and that would be a standard modification, as you need to bypass the standard check.

Hello,

I changed the field control in the customizing. But the field task-id keeps read-only. Am I right that the modification modification you talked about means not customizing but implementing own code?

When I want to change the task number on the task view on the upper right side. Is it the task_id or some other field?

It is crazy for me that someone should not be able to set the task_id and has to use something that is independant from the project-phase-task-hierarchy.

Thx, Vanessa

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The only way is to make a modification in the field control, and that would be a standard modification, as you need to bypass the standard check.

No additional ideas about it? Should it be possible to set the task_id with customizing or not?

How could this modification look like?

Thank you,

Vanessa

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa,

Regarding the Tas Number being read only, I believe this is a system issue. Can you please open an OSS message and report this to SAP? I will do the same and maybe they will solve it faster....

Regarding your second questions - not yet done....

Regards,

L.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa,

Did you succeed to make the task number field open? It seems really strange it is not standard. I have the same requirement.

Thank you !

Lacramioara

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

unfortunately I didn't get it yet and I am becoming somehow crazy on this topic because I cannot believe that it is not possible. Because in theory they should have another unique id and in this way it should not matter. But I am always reading that it is not possible.

Matthias wrote that it should be possible by bypassing the sap-code. But this is much to far away from my capabilities, yet.

Did you manage/need to pass own customer fields from cProjects to PS?

Cu, Vanessa

Edited by: Vanessa Martinez on Nov 25, 2008 9:49 AM