cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save file in multiple directories using receiver file adapter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it posible to save file in multiple directories using receiver file adapter?

Regards,

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, there is a round about way to do that -

The idea is to use multi mapping. 1:n mapping

1) Map ur message to 2 different record set nodes. Since you want to use the same file both the mapping will look exactly the same. make sure that the filepath and filename are a part of the output payload message

2) In the file adapter config. make sure the the file name and file path are from these payload fields. You can use a context object to refer these fields. Voila...the files are created in the 2 direcoties you mentioned.

of course the simplest way is to route the same message to 2 business systems/services and write them out using 2 ccs.,

Arvind R

Former Member
0 Kudos

i agree with Arvind on the simplest way...

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Easiest and simple way is to use the OS command.

Chech this Blog to have a more idea about OS command and also this wiki [More with the File Adapter|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/MorewiththeFileAdapter]

Thanks

SaNv...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just have a communication channel for each of your destinations. You can create one then copy it (just changing the destination details)

Then in receiver determination, make sure all the communication channels are added.

Pretty straightforward.

Kind regards

Colin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess not, but u can create custom adapter module which can do that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anand,

Is there any link or blog which will help me build a custom adapter module for this requirement?

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

just wait for few more response from other experts..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/02706f11-0d01-0010-e5ae-ac2...

1 ) There might be other options like using Java Proxies and then code in the proxies to ftp to different directory

2) Write a custome adapter module