cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you report across multiple universe? and do drill through

Former Member
0 Kudos

u201CCan you report across multiple Business Objects Universes?u201D, if so, how easy is it? Can you use Xcelcius to report across universes? (more than one at one time.)

Do you need to create a master universe from 2 small universe to generate reports. ie if I have a claims universe and I have a policy universe, Can I create a drill thru functionality from claims universe to Policy universe. Or do I have to create a master universe which has both claims and policy data and then perform drill through.

Thanks

AP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a concept as CORE universe and DERIVED universe in Business Objects. Firstly decide the drill down path accordingly you define your policy and claims universe as CORE and DERIVED universes of your Reporting solutions.

Drill Down is possible for this kind of linked universes. Provided the dimensions of Drill Down generates a valid SQL statement.

Alternative Solution for this is that you make two reports one on claim universe and second on the policy universe.

And achieve the navigation between these two reports with HYPERLINK option i.e. OpenDocument Syntax by passing the paramaters to filter these reports say Policy No or Claim No respectively.

Hope this would solve your issue. Please feel free to comment on this

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

Please go through following link: -

Hope this will answer your first question.

Regards,

Jay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

Yes. You need to first create a master universe which includes both policy and claim data and then perfom a drill through on that universe. You can create a Linked universe of Policy and claim universe alternatively if you have them and perform a drill through.

Regards,

Ganesh Sakure