Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what's the purpose of user references ??

former_member186143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I really don't know in which subject I have to post this question since I can't find any topics about it

is SU01 I see the possibility to add user references but I have no clue what they are used for ?

I can enter en object like EMPPERSID for personelnumber ? but what does it do ??

anybody knows where I can find documentation about this since I could not find it in help or here on sdn ??

kind regards

arthur de smidt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you refering to the "Reference User" field on the roles tab?

12 REPLIES 12

former_member598013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This query is related to the BASIS/ SECURITY People. This is not related to the ABAP Stuff.

Thanks,

Chidanand

0 Kudos

OK thanks, since it was also about object types my guess was it could also had something to do with the business objects

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Only (short) doc im aware of

You can assign business object types to a user in a table. An object type is a description of data (objects) used in the system, created at definition time in the Business Object Builder. Object types include:

- Documents (invoices, purchase requisition, applications, etc.)

- Master data (customer, material, vendor, etc.)

- Transaction data (order, quotation, etc.)

An object is any kind of set of information which can be addressed uniquely with an identifying key.

The possible entries help for the Object type field lists all object types.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you refering to the "Reference User" field on the roles tab?

0 Kudos

I understood he spoke of the <ICON_RELATIONSHIP> option of the application toolbar on the second screen of SU01.

Regards

0 Kudos

When you enter SU01 enter a username and go to change modus

then in the menu 'Goto' -> 'References'

here I can enter some objecttype references with a value like personelnumber for objecttype EMPPERSID

but I have no clue what the use is of the objecttypes in user maintenance ??

kind regards

arthur

0 Kudos

These data seem to be stored in USAPPLREF, i even found a BAPI "BAPI_USER_APPLICATION_OBJ_GET" that read this table, this BAPi is called from module like EBPP, or WWW interfaces, also some reference to a link to infotype 0105, but i don't find a clear explanation. Basically it establishes links between user profile and application object, i.e. many business object of SAP.

Most references link system users and business partners.

Regards

0 Kudos

It looks like something for creating business rules (for workflow?) which apply to the user master records.

I will move it to the security forum to see whether anyone has used this. If not, we can try a BPX area or Workflow. (unless you object)

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

thanks, still funny to see that there are areas in SAP where you can't find any documentation on as it seems now

kind regards

arthur de smidt

0 Kudos

I take it you managed to get hold of this documentation in regards to reference users:

Reference user

A reference user is a general user not assigned to one person. The assignment of a reference user is used to assign additional authorization. Reference users are used to equip large numbers of similar users (such as Internet users) with identical authorizations.

The assignment applies to all systems in a CUA landscape. If the assigned reference user does not exist in one of the CUA child systems, the assignment is ignored in this system.

To enter a reference user, you require the same authorizations as you must have to enter roles and profiles for the reference user manually.

You can set the Customizing switch REF_USER_CHECK in the table PRGN_CUST to set which message is to be displayed if a user is entered as a reference user but does not have the user type "reference":

'W' (default) Warning

'E' Error message

'S' Simple message

'I' No message

0 Kudos

patrick you have to reread my posts, I'm not talking about the reference user which you can enter at the role section.

kind regards

arthur

0 Kudos

Hi Arthur,

found something:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/52/671191439b11d1896f0000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Saying:

This function allows the application developers to assign a business object to a user, to, for example, display this useru2019s own data. In transaction SU01, it is used only for display.

A table appears in which you can assign business object types to a user. An object type is a description of data (objects) used in the system, created at definition time in the Business Object Builder. An object is any type of connected information that is addressed with a unique key; such as master data (customer, material, vendor, and so on).

The possible entries help for the Object type field lists all available object types.

This function is not the same as assigning reference users on the Roles tab page.

This is another example where user administration only provides the possibility of maintenance of data, which is not belonging to user administration (like personalization data). Unfortunately I don't know where those references are used (propably CRM-ISA does).

b.rgds,

Bernhard

Edited by: Bernhard Hochreiter on Nov 13, 2008 2:17 PM