cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whole process of support project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Gurus,

I dont know how the support project will be i need information about total support process

how we will get issues,what tools we will use, how we will use that tool, how we have check that issues, in what way we login for support, after finding solution for error how to process i need all the details please.

Regards,

kishore

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi there,

In support project you solve real time production issues. You use different tools like REMEDY, RADIX, CLARIFY or any other customized tools in a support project.

Whatever the tool you are using, the basics are the same. Every tool has alogin id & password like your mail box.

Once you login into the support tool, you will find all the tickets. It is similar to how your mails look in the mail box.

Every ticket will have the details like the date the ticket logged in, description, status, SLA etc.

It depends from the company to company how the tickets are assigned to the support consultants. In some companies business will setup the IT help desk to log the calls / tickets. When the user logs the calls, it automatically gets assigned to the concerned buckets. For eg SD tickets will flow into the SD buckets & MM into MM buckets.In some companies the tickets are routed through the support project manager. He will inturn assign the ticket to the consultants.

In whatever case, once a ticket gets assigned to you, it will have OPEN status. Then you will change the status to ASSIGNED giving you details like name & ID. Then you cimmunicate withthe user that the ticket is assigned to you by mail or telephone. You will get clarifications of the issue in detail.

For the tickets you already know the issue, you will start working. Then you will change the status to IN PROGRESS / ANALYSING. During that itme you either make config changes or ABAP development.

Once you finish the changes in DEV server, you will do the unit testing & move the changes into TEST server. Then you will change the status to RESOLVED. User will perform the testing & give his signoff (approval) for the changes. Then you will move the changes into PROD server & change the status to CLOSED.

Looking at the question I guess that you got trained in SAP & looking for the job. Pls donot post this kind of generic questions again in the forum. You have a lot of material in the web about all the details. Also this question is already answered in the SD forum. Pls search the forum before posting the question. Good luck.

Regards,

Sivanand

Answers (0)