cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generated WSDL doesn't work in Visual Studio

r_hermans2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

After an update of SAP we have some problems with our web service (WSDL).

First of all we created a webservice using SE80. The generated WSDL url mentioned in SE80 doesn't work in visual studio which is in our opinion weird. When we use the url from the SOAMANAGER "Open WSDL document for selected binding" in visual studio we get a little bit further but it still doesn't work. The problem seems to be the "parameter(s)" with or without "s". Does anyone know how we can generated a WSDL with only "parameters"?

ExampleWSDL:

<wsdl:message name="ZPIQ_GET_LEERWEGResponse">

<wsdl:part name="parameter" element="tns:ZPIQ_GET_LEERWEGResponse"/>

</wsdl:message>

u2212

<wsdl:message name="ZPIQ_GET_NATIO">

<wsdl:part name="parameters" element="tns:ZPIQ_GET_NATIO"/>

</wsdl:message>

SAP ECC 6.0

SAPKA70014

SAPKB70014

SAPKW70015

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

Renaming "parameters" to "parameter" might solve this issue. You will find this [article|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/905c28e4-38a9-2910-4db5-d39e4fcbf78b] interesting, especially part 3 on page 7.

Best Regards,

Rima.

Former Member
0 Kudos

it's very interresting, ....

r_hermans2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Changing the parameter(s) solves the problem but isn't the best solution.

Unfortunately I hoped that their would be a better solution which I only have to perform once. With this solution I have to change the parameter(s) everytime I change or update my web service (WSDL).

Is this a SAP problem/error? and would it be useful to make a call?

Kind Regards,

Ralph

Edited by: Ralph Hermans on Oct 30, 2008 10:54 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Because I success to use a web service exposed by SAP but my SAP IDES is running under windows... Could be a raison... What's the impact of version of WSDL ? I know that between JAVA and .net you could have some problems... But with last release of .net (3.5) and last WS stack of JAVA it does work. ....

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

In order to consume SAP services in Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, you need to convert WSDL from SAP (Document style) to Microsoft (RPC style) standard. This conversion is transparent to you, if you use [ES Explorer for .NET|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/dotnet?rid=/library/uuid/c0319dc4-d76d-2a10-d19f-e4f4ff315bde].

Best Regards,

Rima.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you locate the right wsdl from the right service on SAP SICF ? (I think yes)

To test authorisation, did you hardcode user+password on services WSDL and SOAP/RCF on SCIF ?

In Visual Studio when you added the WSDL in your web reference what's append ?

I did a test and it did work... from an ECC600. But you could have some interroperability problem between .net and J2EE system... But with last VS2008 or last service pack for Visual Studio 2005, it works.

Edited by: Jerome Fortias on Oct 30, 2008 2:04 PM