Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File adapter - archiving files after successful processing & errors

Chandra_Hota
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

In sender file adapter, I understand that we can archive files after processing them.

After successful processing, we can archive the file, and if there are any errors, we can archive the file in a different folder (all files resulting in errors during processing are archived in a seperate folder).

Now, see this scenario.

My file is successfully picked up, processed and posted to receiving sap system thru proxy.

But, if there is any application specific error (ex: duplicate id), because of which this data cannot be processed in the receiving system, how can i move the file which is archived in successful messages folder to the folder where we archive error messages?

Is it possible?

This is required because, when there are these kind of errors with incorrect data, we want the corresponding file to be archived in the folder where erred files are archived.

Please let me know how we can achieve this.

Many Thanks

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you go through the link

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/ArchivingandDeletioninXI+3.0.

sreeni

prasad_ulagappan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no such option in XI as of now, if the message pass on Adatper engine, XI doesnt have control on this...

However you can acheive this by alternative method...you can check for all kind of validation inside mapping itself and if it satisfies place the message in correct folder, if not place the folder in different folder...you can do it with multimapping for this...

Duplicate id check and all u can check with RFC lookup...

Former Member
0 Kudos

in file sender CC, thr is option to archive and error file store also..

1)under processing mode - archive.. give the path thr..

2) To archive source files where a permanent error occurred during processing, select Archive Faulty Source Files

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/44/658abd344a4de0e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm