Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File adapter - Pick files inbetween poll interval

Chandra_Hota
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I have a requirement where, files are to be picked every week at a specified time by sender file adapter.

For this, I will set the poll interval accordingly.

But now, there is a requirement where, in between the polling time (in between the week) if we move a file to that folder, we want it to be processed.

How can i do that?

Because, as the file adapter will pickup the files once a week only (according to my poll interval), how can i make it pick files in random, apart from the scheduled polling time?

Thanks in advance

Chandra Sekhar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prasad_ulagappan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Make the polling intervel less instead of one week...make it one day or something like that...

Or create one more file adapter with less poll intervel and make use of that one...

Best option would be scheduling the adapter as per your requirement.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

You can specify the time interval in the Runtime Workbench -> Component Monitoring -> Communication Channel Monitoring and you will need to have the authorizations of the user group SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR with the role modify

On the top right corner, you can see the Availability Time Planning.

There you can specify i think.

Regards,

Leela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

I see only two options for your case:

1. Change the input file name for the ramdom files and make a seperate File Adapter for these particular files.

2. In the current File adapter , specify short period under Polling interval

Regards,

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this sounds like a contradiction:

> if we move a file to that folder, we want it to be processed.

If you directly process a file in that folder there will be no files at your specified time once a week. In this case you could use a short polling interval.

Or is there a difference between files processed directly and files processed once a week. In this case you should work with two file adapters.

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u tell me how frequent ur file is put in that folder. is it every day or any random day and at wat time it is placed.

U can schedule the file adapter for every day, if u have a file during that schedule period then it will pick up the file.

u can schedule ur file adaper based on ur requirement just chekc the same.

Sceduling channel isfrom SP19

chirag

Chandra_Hota
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

Whenever there is any error during weekly processing, alert would be raised, and someone will correct the problem with the file. Then (in a day or two, which is completely random) the file has to be processed again.

Then, the corrected file would be placed in the folder.

Now, this file will not be picked up till the next week's scheduled time. So, how can i make the system pick this file, which is placed in the folder in a random time, apart from the scheduled poll interval?

Many Thanks for your replies

prasad_ulagappan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

if this is ur case, the best option would be to go with another file adatper to pick up the file...