cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetWeaver and WTS on Windows 2003 Ent. 64bit Machine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does NetWeaver 7.0 able to install on an Intel Server (Windows 2003 Ent. 64bit) with WTS (Windows Terminal Server)? I try to check SAP note, SDN and Google but don't found any information about it. Thank you.

Cheer,

Sittidej K.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure what you ask.

What is the purpose of your WTS in your case - what do you plan do to?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thank you for your post. I mean that I would like to install NetWeaver 7.0 Java AS on a Windows 2003 64bit machine that already install and run WTS. I heard from my friends that some softwares could not install on machine that run WTS so I try to check whether NetWeaver 7.0 could or not.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I´m still not sure what you ask...

A SAP system is usually installed alone on the server, no MS Office, no SAPGUI - just the plain system. You can administer the system using WTS (which is a supported way) but you should not run other applications on the same server.

There were problems in the past with some applications that could not be configured using WTS (e. g. DCOM connectors and other CRM related things) but you always have the possibility of using the console or other 3rd party tools to access the system and configure it remotely (e. g. VNC for free).

Markus

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can install using WTS, but you must understand that most SAP services run in the background, so, is using "the whole" machine, and not just one WTS session.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you mean : "is it possible to install Netweaver 7.0 using a terminal server connexion ?", the answer is YES. it works perfectly.

We do all our installations this way.

You have to use the console mode of terminal server.

e.g. : launch : mstsc /console

Regards,

Olivier

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is possible. but note that you may need to use one additional environment variable to make it work

set LOCAL=[SID]

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can check at service.sap.com/pam

cheers,

-Sunil