Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC compile fails and repair says "Classpath contains duplicate entry"

former_member212767
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've set up a scenario where I have 2 Webdynpro DCs. DCA has DCB in the used DCs list.

DC build for DCB works ok. DC build for DCA does not. It is compalining that some classes are missing (Oracle classe12.zip for example), although they are in the project class path (properties --> Java build path --> libraries) and they work from the code point of view fine. Then if I try to do a repair for this project, it complains that "Classpath contains duplicate entry" but then continues with the repair if I press OK. It does not help, though.

This is SP14. Any ideas what to do ?

Regards,

Jari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jari,

For using external files in DCs, we need to create a seperate library project and use the library reference in the webdynpro project. Setting the reference in the buildpath won't work in the case of DCs because those will get removed at the DC build time.

<a href="/people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/09/14/a-bit-of-impractical-scripting-for-web-dynpro blog</a> from Valery says how to implement the same.

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Nibu.

former_member212767
Participant
0 Kudos

I know I'm nitpicking but why are the jars removed at the DC build time ? If they are removed, then why am I able to put them there in the first place ?

This DC thing is in desparate need of a best practices type of documentation on how to do these kinds of things and WHY you have to do them in certain way.

A good document on the JDI would be a plus also.

Regards,

Jari

former_member212767
Participant
0 Kudos

And thanks Nibu for your answer

Jari