cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver Mobile 7.1 Signature Capture

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Has anyone applied signature capture feature on a customized mobile application built on SAP Netweaver Mobile 7.1?

Please contribute the concept on how you have done it.

Thanks,

Robert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in your custom app - do you go with AWT or WD UI?

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you are using the pda wdp ui you can create a custom control in SWT to capture the signature.

Thank you,

Julien.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

I am using Web Dynpro UI.

Regards,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julien,

Can you clarify more on the SWT please.

I have tried using a signature capture feature in MAM 3.0 using SAP MI 7.0.

I only followed the installation procedure so I could not really tell whether we can have the same with SAP Netweaver Mobile 7.1, using web dynpro. Can we use the same signature capture program that we used in MAM with the new customized application we created in 7.1? If we can, how do we do that?

Thank you.

Regards,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First off do you have the PDA WD UI or the Laptop. On the PDA there is a custom control support which is not present on the laptop one.

Julien.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julien,

I have the PDA WD UI and I am using the Mobile Application for Handhelds Perspective.

I have never used the custom controller before and will explore on this. But can you give me an idea how to add a signature capture functionality in a mobile application?

Thanks and regards,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Robert,

On the UI side the signature capture requires a custom control that you can develop in SWT and integrate it to your OCA application. I think the it is hidden behind interactive forms functionalities. I tested that feature and a custom signature capture when I was at SAP so it is possible

You then have to securely save that signature and send it to the middleware/backend. You are free to store it the way you want locally but you need to send it using attachment on DOE. There you can have special code to handle the attachment and save it on the backend.

Hope this helps,

Julien.

http://www.msc-mobile.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi julien,

i have similar requirement. i have used a swt canvas to capture the signature and it gets saved as .png file on the local drive.

But i am not sure how to integrate a swt control into webdynpro. i need some help on this part could you please let me know hwo to embed the same.

i have seen a blog of mark which tells how to use custom swt control but i am not abel to comprehend the same.

i can use swt canvas to capture the signature right.

thanks