cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal not accessible from other systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have installed EP on windows system with SQL database. My installation was successful but the problem I am having is I am unable to access the portal form other systems in the network. I have added the server IP in the host file of the client also . Even I am unable to access through Log on Pad. But I am able to logon to the portal if i open it from the server . Kindly provide me ur inputs on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

lakshminarayanan_m
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you trying from client machine i mean normal desktop.

In your company is using any proxy server.

If yes means , go to internet option - connections - lan settings- proxy server - advance - exceptions . In the exception box type you EP portal id ( eg : hostname.sysadm.com)

Note: Ep will acces only in FQDN , so give your hostname + DN.

Hop u wil understand

Regards

MLN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

Are you trying to access the portal through logon pad? Could you explain what are you trying to do?

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

No.. I tried accessing the portal through browser and not through log on pad. And my server have both abap and java instance. So i tried to access through logon pad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

Do confirm are you able to access the index page? Check whether you are using the right port number. Its always http://<hostname>:50xx00 where xx will be your instance number.

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I gave the correct port number. And I am able to access the portal from the server . Only the problem is when I access from client systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna,

Try accessing the portal with just ip and not the host name. If its accessible then it might be something to check with hostname. Possibily we need to try with FQDN. Can you check the server by pinging with host name

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi anand,

I tried that but it did not work . And the ping is working with the host name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna,

Now check whether are you able to access the port number from the host other than the server using telnet. I suspect this could be because the port have been blocked.

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try doing telnet to the portal system from your other machines.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamshi,

I tried telnet. Its giving the error as "Could not open connection to the host,on port 23:Connect Failed " .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Start the telnet service, telnet service should work.

Regards,

Vamshi.