cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle the cost in third party process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

As the request, my client has some trading goods. the customer buy them from my client. but there is no stock in my client. for this transaction, my client send PO to the vendor and the vendor delivers the products to the customer directly. After my client recieve the shipping notification, they create the invoice to end customer. So i want to use the Third-Party Function.

But i have a confuse. How dose sap process the cost of trading goods(HAWA) in standard? you know, there is no stock for the trading goods, how to get the condition value of cost(VPRS)? Is there any special setting for the trading goods master data or some parameters in other place?

can anyone give some supports? Thank you very much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dave,

In your scenario VPRS is irrelevant. Rather the cost will handled by the acct assignment

category in the PO.

Regards

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your reply.

Now in the copy control, the billing price elements is copy from sales document. But as you said, the cost is handled by Account Assignment Category in PO.

1. How to design the Account Assignment Category?

2. How to link the cost with the sales document and billing document?

3. If it appears in billing document?

Edited by: Dave Wang on Oct 30, 2008 5:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dave,

U ll find the set up for this in the schedule line category details you r using.There you have to specify the desired a/c assignment category.

Regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Yes.By assigning the special Account Assignment Category to the Item Category of PO and the schedule line of SO, it will be run.

In addition, do you know how to collect the cost in background? by cost center, sales order, sales order item, or other? you know, in COPA, the cost and the revenue is required. i know the way to transfer the revenue to COPA. But how to transfer this kind of cost to COPA? How to map the cost with the related revenue?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dave,

this VPRS is internal Price.it capture from material master accounting tab. MAP.

this scenario how it will flow could u confirm.

first u have raise SO. then automatically PR will generate against the PR u will raise PO then ur vendor directly send goods to ur customer.

when u get confirmation from u customer then u can take the material in means MIGO/

tjem i will raise delivery then billing.

va01

me21n adapt then migo

vl01n

vf01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

I understand u know how to transfer VPRS to COPA. However, in this case u hav 2 ask yr COPA guy to maintain OKB9 settings.Hope this answers yr question.

Rgds

Sam

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

You can capture vendor price in billing document as a cost.

Check the following settings.

1) select the determine cost field in third party item category.

2) Billing relevance F

3) check the VPRS condition type in pricing procedure. It will come after total amount.

VPRS statistical

Subtotal = B

Requirement = 4

Now create a sales order with third party material and maintain price E.g 500 USD

system will take VPRS value from material master in sales order level. E.g 300 USD. ( In billing level only system copies vendor price as a cost )

Do the following transactions after sales order.

Create a purchase order ME21N with reference to PR( take the PR number from Sales order)

In purchase order maintain price in item conditions tab E.g 320 USD.

Goods receipt MIGO

Vendor invoice MIRO

Now create a Billing document with reference to sales order number.

Here system takes VPRS cost 320 USD(PO price) instead of 300 USD which we maintained in Material master.

Regards,

Chandra

former_member1207446
Participant
0 Kudos

hi

How does your client know what price to bill the customer?

How is it calculated today?

If the billing document is sent to the customer when the 3rd party vendor is sending the shipping notification, then I guess the billing document should be based on the sales order (billing relevance B in sales order item category).