cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supplier Self-Registration with SUS in Extended Classic Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using SRM 5.0 in Extended Classic scenario. I am trying to set up Supplier Self-Registration with SUS.

Here are my questions/ issues:

1. Once I 'Accept' a new Supplier in the ROS system, I want to 'Transfer' the new Supplier to the SRM system. How do I do that? Which is the transaction or the configuration that allows me to transfer the new Supplier in the SRM system? Is CCM mandatory?

2. It is my understanding that a system email (with logon details) is sent to the email address of the potential SUS Vendor once the Buyer transfers the Supplier from ROS to SRM. Can somebody provide details to configure SUS with SRM to make Supplier Self-Registration work? Is XI mandatory to make these work?

Points assured. Thx.

Sai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To ellaborate:

1. Acceptance of ROS prospect can be done from EBP also with role parameter linkage.

Easy way of transferring this accepted ROS BP to EBP is create a external web service for ROS

via SRM IMG> SRM server>master data--> Define External Web Services (Catalogs, Vendor Lists etc.)

and then use this ROS webservice in 'Manage business partners' in admin role

2. When the ROS BP is transferred to EBP and SRM external BP is created, the log on details are not created.

The admin needs to create the same under the same txn " Manage business partnesr" & further ' employee for BP"

once this is successfully done system gives the symbol to send mail to contact person.

If Supplier Registration is only yr need

then you can only implement ROS and place the URL for SELF_REG BSP on the company website.

SAP does not recommend EBP & ROS on sinlge client though it's technically possible.

BR

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

1. Can you please give me the details of the "External Web Services" configuration for ROS?

Thereafter, you have mentioned that this service needs to be used in "Manage Business Partners" in Admin role. Are you suggesting that I add the created service to the Admin role?

2. The second part about creating the employee is clear.

Well, my plan to get the Supplier Self-Registration working from ROS in SRM/EBP. Thereafter, I want the Supplier to have access to SUS to manage their own data and also perform PO Response.

Sai

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

you need to maintain catalog for transfering the supplier from ROS system to -> SRM system.

1) this catalog id is created as specifed earlier --> in the customizing.

2) you need to maintain all the required parameters for the catalog --> please refer to the configuration guide , it has been specified in detail of how to maintain the parameters

3) SSO needs to be configured --> so that you need not login to registration system each time.

4) The user should have purchaser role

5) if the above mentioned catalog is maintained --> in ppoma_bbp --> then as soon as the user starts the transaction --> maintain business partner --> it would come up in the screen --> you can find the extra field for specifying the catalog --> and it will have search field..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Khan has explained most of the things.

The external web service I meant is actually OPI catalog which you need to maintain.

The same has to be entered in the attribute CAT of the EBP purchaser.

To maintain the call structure of this catalog

Get the URL from SE80->BSP appln->ros_prescreen->controller->main.do

then give the client no of yr ROS client

the RFC user user ID from EBP to ROS

it's password

sap-sessioncmd=open

sap-language=sy-langu

the operational purchaser role in EBP (sap_EC_BBP_OP_PURCHASER) should be linked with

the same in ROS via role menu->business partner->screen supplier->right click->change details

->sap-client=ROS client no

The administrator & op purchaser should be present in ROS org structure also

& should have same userID & password as EBP

you have to define the vendor root, the root of the purchasing organization and the currency in

table BBP_MARKETP_INFO in the SRM System (Enterprise Buyer client).

BR

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh, Khan,

I am able to see the list of accepted Suppliers via OPI in 'Manage Business Partners'. However, when I try to transfer the recently accepted Business Partner, I get a pop-up message saying 'Business Partner Change Inc already exists'. Interestingly, I cant get to see the details of the Business Partner... it is not yet available in the drop-down of Suppliers. What am I missing here? Why would it not transfer the Supplier to the EBP?

Thanks,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

pl check the settings of yr table BBP_MARKETP_INFO as per the sourcing config guide.

you can also search info on this table in this forum

BR

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

My answers to your respective points;

1) Once the Purchaser Accepts a ROS supplier, a BP is created for the supplier. Convert this BP to vendor in the Maintain Business Partners transaction.

2) ROS can integrate with SRM without XI in a One client one server scenario. where SUS is used, XI is mandatory. Pls refer to OSS note 1134978 for more details.

Cheers,

Akash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

It is my understanding that SAP recommends separate client for ROS & SRM in a production environment, right?

Since we plan to use SUS, I believe XI becomes mandatory. Correct?

Sai