cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipment Cost Calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I know that tariffzone plays a role in determining the price for the freight/Service Agent condition in case of outbound shipment cost calculation

I have the following query in Shipment Pricing.

Can anyone please explain whats the role of the 2 postal code columns in the tariff zone assignment?

Also how & where I have to maintain the data for determining the tariff zone which I have assigned to the above combination.

Please help.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP FC,

As i understand, a tariffzone represent a physical location. the post code is the representive of one smaller area. the tariffzone is built up by the series of post code. Then you can define the price condition records based on the distance between the departure and the destination tariffzone. when you create shipment cost, the system find out the post code from ship-to address data and then find the tariffzone located. Finally search out the right condition record.

Sometimes, you can also use them to determine different domestic tax. Such as in america, there are different tax in each state.

Hope helpful to you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Dave,

Thanks for the response.

Please note that I have maintained postal codes in my Shipping point also in my customer master.

For the combination of TP Point, Service agent, Shipping type & Country I have made the following assignment.

I have given my shipping point Postal code in both the Postal code columns of Tarff zone assignment (say Tariff) & my customer master Postal code in both the Postal code columns of Tariff zone assignment (say Tariff1).

Now I have maintained the condition records in TK11 for the combination of Depart. Tariff zone/Destn.Tariff zone/Service Agent i.e. Tariff/Tariff1/Service Agent

But my condition record value is not getting determined & when I simulate my shipment cost I am getting the following error message.

Shipment costs not yet calculated

Shipment costs item 000001 w/ ref. to doc. $0001 item 0001

Message no. VY104

Goods types directory could not be determined

Message no. VW803

Please help to reolve this issue.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know the status about your system. Different setting, different result. So i can't capture your issue. Suppose you can't get the condition record, you can use price analysis to track it when you create shipment cost doc. Try to find out how many factors is required in condition setting, which ones you have got and which ones is lost. then drill down.

BTW, to do it, you should understand the special condition type in transportation clearly first. And you should checking these setting:

1. Freight Code Sets

2. Route and Stage Setting, active the shipment cost calculate in Stage

3. Pricing

4. Settlement

especially, for the freight code sets, the material freight group should be assign in material master and the forward agent freight group should be assing in the forward agent master. then system find out the condtion related factors.

BEST REGARDS

DAVE

Answers (0)