cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: INSERT background scheduled job in table TBTCS

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI, I've been facing an error which a background job is being scheduled. The scenario is something like this ...

1) A third party schedulling system triggers a SAP job and monitors the progress

2) In SAP, the master job is been copied with a different user name and then released for processing.

3) There are multiple jobs which get triggered but there is one job which is causing a problem.

4) The job makes a copy an stays in a scheduled status without getting released. While i try to manually release the job it give me an error that cannot create record in the database.

5) Upon checking the system log it gives me this - Error: INSERT background sched. table(job $$$$).

There is already an entry for the specified job in the table TBTCS.

6) While checking the TBTCS table i've found multiple entries out there. Should this table be empty or have information about the runtime of this job.

Please help as this background job is causing concerns in archiving processess defined.

Thankx in advance for your help.

Arvind.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Arvind,

unfortunately, you don't specify exactly how the SAP job is planned. This makes it hard to determine the solution to the problem.

The cause of the problem seems probably due to trying to insert a duplicate record. The TBTCS table has two key fields. The first is the JOBNAME and this can, of course, occur many times as long as the second one, JOBCOUNT, is different. You mention copying the JOBNAME but is the JOBCOUNT considered?

Although it sounds as though there's a problem with trying to insert a duplicate it's unclear from your description. If this is indeed the case, you'll be able to spring from the sys.log into the ST22 transaction where you'll see dump information relating to the problem.

Regards, Gerard.