cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI result cached

Former Member
0 Kudos

I call a BAPI to update the record and the record is updated in the backend. But when I call the record finder BAPI it still returns the old non-updated record. Say I refresh the browser and then execute the finder BAPI it returns the updated record. So it appears that the finder BAPI is caching it for performance. Any idea how to disable this? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lanzlf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

You have to disable dataservice cache, in the VC storyboard:

Tools -> Options -> Compiler -> Data service retrieval

there change your option to

"Do not cache data services (get latest)"

And re-compile/deploy your model...

Best Regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Worked.. Thanks a LOTTTTTTTTT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know the above mentioned option gets the latest definition of the BAPI/Webservice while you drag it in your model and not at runtime.

Try clearing your browser cache to see if you have got browser caching your data (in your internet explorer>Tools>Internet Option-->General and delete cookes and delete offline contents).

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I hit the browser refresh button, and then call the BAPI, I get the updated record. I can see that the backend database is getting updated, but unless I hit refresh the newly updated record is not returned by the record retrieval BAPI.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem was with the BAPI. Used another BAPI and this works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oops.. Thought it was working, but it is still caching.. Any ideas? Thanks a lot!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the first idea is the good one, but you have to delete the BAPI and add it again to your model.

Fabien.