cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Popup after calling BAPI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to show a popup after a successfull update like say "Record updated successfully". Please suggest how can I do this. Points will be awarded for any suggestions. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Your BAPI might be returning some output in table (assumption), so drag a link from that output form and select open pop-up on SELECT event. Double click on the pop-up view and design it as per your requirement.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza

Thanks a lot for the reply. Problem is I dont see teh option "Open popup" for my BAPI output. I only have the option to put the data in a form view. I only see this popup option on the output of form views. Any ideas please? Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you would get the pop-up output only from the views and not from the output of the BAPI as it needs some event to trigger it.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that event is there anything else you can think of to open a popup after a successful BAPi execution? Thanks a lot!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

I think you won't be able to open a pop-up directly from the model output as there is not event attached to it. You need to go through an intermediate form on which you can get some event like table row select or a button event to open a pop-up. I don't know if other experts have some work around for this.

Regards,

Murtuza

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Method 1:

1. Drag datastore to your storyboard

2. Right Click datastore and select Configure Element

3. Click + button to Add new field

4. Enter Fieldname=SHOWPOPUP, Type=Boolean, Default=false

5. Click on dataservice that is feeding your message input and drag into the datastore

6. Right Click on this new data mapping line and select Confgure Element

7. Click on fx for the SHOWPOPUP field and set the value to TRUE.

8. Right Click your popup Form and select Configure Element

9. Click + button to Add new field

10. Select PUSHBUTTON control and enter field name OK

11. Double Click the OK fiend to open configuration popup

12. Select ACTION tab and change radio button to CUSTOM ACTION and enter name HIDEPOPUP

13. Click on fx on the VISIBILITY CONDITION of the form and select enter formula

14. enter STORE@SHOWPOPUP as the formula

15. Click on the OUT port of the popup form and drag line into the datastore

16. Right Click on this new data mapping line and select Configure Element

17. Click on fx for the SHOWPOPUP field and set the value to FALSE

18. Select the dropdown list for the EVENT NAME at the top of the Data Mapping and select HIDEPOPUP as the event.

19. Select LAYOUT tab and readjust the position of the form over the top of your output table.

NOTE: you may need to click the BRING TO FRONT icon in lower left with your popup form selected to insure that it is not hidden behind other objects.

Method 2 :

There is another option in System action (PROMPT) where u can pass the message that will prompt sucesss or failure message but you have to trigger it by using pushbutton.

Both the method worked for me sure it will work for u also .

Regards

Abdull Hakkim .K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asish,

Follow the steps like this

1) Does your model contains a output port by name return. Basically Return is a internal table in bapi which contains error or warning or sucess message coming from SAP server. so you have to use this return port for your message. This Return contains fields like a) number b) type c) message and so on

a) number -> any three digit number

b)type-> S for sucess E for Error and so on

c) message --> actual text message

2) if it does not contain in BAPI inform your ABAPer to put this in BAPI.

3)if it is still present but not displayed in model , right click your model and select define data service and in that select return output port with the above three fields

4) Now drag the mouse from return output port and select filter data

5) open the filter data properties and for number field give some value to filter: let say 100 is message number for success coming from SAP server and you what to show only sucess message in that case , in the properties window give number filed value =100 (i.e the filter is going to filter the data based on only 100 message number)

6) Now drag the mouse from output port of the filter data and select the Add form view

7) in the form place one toggle button and set its default value to false. and give some custom action (lets say OK)

and place the label,and display the message in the label coming from message field of internal table

😎 now go to visibility condition of a form and give this value there:: @NUMBER==100 AND @OK==false)

now try your application

this will work dam sure

Regards

Srinivas

Award the points