cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner Determiantion-- Plz Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing a problem with partner determination. kindly help me out.

My problem is as follows.

Let us consider a scenario where the sold to party, ship to party , payer and the bill to party are four different persons.

what i am doing is that I am creating 4 different account groups for each of the SP, SH, PY and BP and assigning them 4 different number ranges.

now can anybody help me with how to go ahead with partner determination so that when i go to VA01 and make an order then under the partners tab i get the sold to party, ship to party, payer and bill to party as four different persons.

if there is some material which provides information about partner determination, kindly forward the link.

Thanks in Advance.

Deepak Joshi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

First Create Account group by going through below path

Financial accountingAccounts Receivable and Accounts PayableCustomer AccountsMaster DataPreparations for Creating Customer Master Data--Define Account Groups with Screen Layout (Customers)

In this case the standard account group for sold to party will 0001, for ship to party 0002, for payer 0003 & for bill to party 0004.

Then create Partner determination procedure, standard for sold to party is AG, for ship to party WE, for payer RG & for bill to party RE.

Then Create partner function standard for sold to party is SP, for ship to party SH, for payer PY & for bill to party BP. For all 4 partner function maintain partner type as KU.

Then Assign account group to partner procedure like assign 0001 to AG, 0002 to WE, 0003 to RG & 0004 to RE.

Then assign account group to partner function like

Assign SP to 0001, SH to 0001 & 0002, PY to 0001 & 0003, BP to 0001, 0003 & 0004.

Now create customer master by using T.Code XD01 select account group as require & create 4 customer master. once done then go to XD02 of sold to party & maintain ship to number, bill to number & payer number in partner function tab.

Once done then create sales order you will find the 4 customer master in partner function tab.

Please let me know if you have any further issue.

Regards,

Naveed Ansari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Naveed.. the answer really helped. but i still have a question. In your reply you have asked to use the standard partner determination procedures RE, RG, AG and WE. but is there a way out wherein i dont need to use the standard partner determination procedures... In simple terms can you please help me to define my own partner determination procedures for all the four account groups. and is it necessary that all the four account groups should have four different number ranges....can all the four account groups ahve the same number range?

Thanks Again....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveed

Good , very informative ............

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

You can use your own partner determination procedure by copying standard one & giving new name starting with 'Z'.

Regarding the number range you can define depending on account group by going through following path.

Logistics - GeneralBusiness PartnerCustomersControlDefine and Assign Customer Number Ranges.

So depending on account group you can define the number ranges same or different.

Regards,

Naveed Ansari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Naveed,

My questions never seem to end but I guess this one is going to be the last I am sure you will be able to provide an answer to this as well.

How can I create my own procedures so that I don't need to copy from the standard or use the use the standard partner determination procedures. ..

To paraphrase how do i create my own procedures without copying?

Thanks

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Go to change view of Partner determination procedure, you will find New Entries, click it & define your own. for e.g. ZAG for sold to party, ZWE for ship to party, ZRE for bill to party & ZRG for payer.

But SAP has suggested to copy from standard. Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Naveed Ansari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Murali and Naveed..

it worked...

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak

When you create an Sales order, the Partner functions are taken automatically by the system from the Customer master of the Sold-to-party.

So, you go for the Partner determination of customer master, which is simple.

The process steps are,

1. Define required Partner Functions

2. Assign the Partner Functions to the Account group of the Sold-to-party

3. Define Partner detemination Procedure for Customer master

4. Assign the Partner functions to the Partner determination procedure

5. Assign the Procedure to the Account group.

As you have already created the SP,SH,BP,PY, now do the above settings in customisation.

Then go to your Customer master fo the Sold-to-party in change mode (VD02), go to Sales area data, Partner function tab and enter your customer who will perform the function of SH,BP & PY respectively and save.

Now, test it by creating, a Sales order for the Sold-to-party , go to Header > Partner tab, you will find that SP,SH,BP & PY are populated there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sold to party , shi to party ,bill to party , payer are different also u can done the sales order.

Mainly u can mentioned the customer master date the sold to pary , ship to party, bill to party, payer are mentioned in partner function in sales area data .

After that u can assign the account group and do the partner ditermination procedure.

And u can give the number range for the customers in OVZC.

partner determination procedur u can give VOPA.

U can rise the sales order u can solve the issue.

regards, sridhar

Edited by: sridhar on Oct 30, 2008 6:13 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

Go to XD01 and do the following procedure.

In that create new customer account with the account group 002 Good Reciept, 003 Payer, 004 Bill to Party.

Now create the maine record for sold to party with account group 001.

Fill all the information required in it then go to the sales area data and in that partner function.

over there it will show different partner function.

change the number for different partner function with the customer which you had created earlier for payer, bill to party and good reciept.

try this procedure it would work.

and keep me update also

Suneet Prakash.

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Deepak joshi,

You assign partner functions SP,BP,PY and SH to your account groups.

SP--->Sold to party account group

SP&SH -->Ship to party account group

SP,PY&BP-->Bill to party account group

SP&PY-->Payer account group

You can use standard partner determination procedures

You assign partner determination procedures to your account groups.

Sold to party account group -->AG

Ship to party account group-->WE

Bill to party account group-->RE

Payer account group-->RG

You assign standard partner determinatiom procedures to

Your Sales Document Header

Your Sales Document Item

Your Delivery

Your Billing Header

Your Billing Item through these configuration steps

Set Up Partner Determination for Customer Master

Set Up Partner Determination for Sales Document Header

Set Up Partner Determination for Sales Document Item

Set Up Partner Determination for Delivery

Set Up Partner Determination for Billing Header

Set Up Partner Determination for Billing Item

Now you create master data for sold to party , Ship to party ,Bill to party and Payer.

Go to Sold to party master data you remove defaulted ship to party , bill to party and Payer then you can assign different Ship to party customer number ,different Bill to party customer number and different Payer customer number in the partner functions tab.

Now you create sales order for that customer system will take different ship to party , different Bill to party and different Payer in the sales order partner function tab.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Murali.. the answer really helped. but i still have a question in your answer you have asked to use the standard partner determination procedures RE, RG, AG and WE. but is there a way out wherein i dont need to use the standard partner determination procedures... In simple terms can you please help me to define my own partner determination procedures for all the four account groups.

Thanks Again....