cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropdown list with dynamic list shows only the first element

Former Member
0 Kudos

I define a dropdown with a dynamic entry list associated bound to a web service that return a collection of elements, but just the first element of the collection is shown in the dropdown list.

When i define a data service with the same web same service and connect the response to a table, 50 elements are shown in the table.

The same happens with any method of any web service that returns a collection.

I have tried with a combo box with the same result.

I would appreciate it if someone could help me on this matter.

Regards

Fernando

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Fernando,

A few questions to help understand the problem:

Is the service's return port of type "Record Set" or "Cluster"? (if it's a Record Set, then if you drop the service on the design board, it should have a square port, and if Cluster, it should have a star-shaped port)

If it's a Cluster, is there a drop down labeled "Cluster node" in the "Configure Output Parameters" page of the Entry List Wizard?

Screenshots of the design board with the service used with an output table, or of the in/out mappings could also be useful.

Regards,

Eyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eyal

Thank you!

The return port type is cluster.

don't know how to post an image, i'll send it to you by e-mail.

Best Regards!

Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

(I got the images you sent) I saw that both your text and value fields (in the Ouput Mapping of the Entry List) are in the form @client.fieldname. Is there an entry for "Client" in the "Cluster node" drop down? If there is, try choosing this and see if this fixes the problem. You may need to reselect the output text and value after changing the cluster node.

Regards,

Eyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Eyal, the example I 've sent to you is not very good,

I always used Client entry, but i was so desesperate that tried with the other one.

With client entry the result is the same.

I'll send some more images to make it clearer.

Best regards

Fernando