cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running the Schedule Sequence heuristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys - I am trying to use the Schedule Sequence heuristic to sequence a certain set of products using one of the sort criteria(setup group).

I have tried two different ways of entering the scheduling sequence in the DS planning board:

1) DS Planning Strategy -> Cross strategy parameters -> Schedule Sequence(specified my criteria here)

2) Settings > Heuristics >Other parameters> Schedule Sequence(specified my critera here)

The first option schedules the orders but not sequence them where as the second option does schedule AND sequence the orders as per my requirement.

I also tried to run the schedule sequence heuristic through the production planning run but still I do not get the desired result.

Can somebody please let me know what I am doing incorrectly and why is the sequence being ignored?

Appreciate your help!

Varun

Edited by: Varun Muni on Oct 29, 2008 10:51 PM

I also made sure that the settings in both the cases are the same.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583456
Active Participant

Hi,

the first settings influence the manual scheduling in the planning board only. The heuristic is influenced by the heuristic settings only. If you maintain your heuristic settings via transaction /SAPAPO/CDPSC11 and save it, then it will also work in production planning run. Note that each heuristic has its own heuristic settings.

Best regards

Thomas

Answers (0)