cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD GUI in browser ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When do we start SLD GUI in browser. I know the transaction used for that, SLDHTMLGUI. What are the advantages of startig it that why ? Also why do we do that ?

Regards

Midhun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is just another way of accessing it. it is more useful when you have user roles defined for people accessing SLD. Based on the user (mostly developer) you can let them use it. Some can only read, some can modify etc.

This transaction you can use from ABAP to see SLD. Someone not having Java user access can use SLD through this or didnt know the URL can always use transaction.

It is already there on your initial index page of PI server. (JAVA)

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This transaction you can use from ABAP to see SLD. Someone not having Java user access can use SLD through this or didnt know the URL can always use transaction.

I am preparing for the interview with notes. I dont know these technical terms. Its kinda basic doubt. What exactly it means when you say use from ABAP ? Is it logging into XI and then entering the tranaction in the browser ? Java user access is what, access to Java stacks like SLD , RWB , IR ID.

Thanks

Midhun

Former Member
0 Kudos

>What exactly it means when you say use from ABAP ? Is it logging into XI and then entering the tranaction in the browser ?

Yes log into ABAP of XI server then enter the transaction there, not in the browser.

>Java user access is what, access to Java stacks like SLD , RWB , IR ID.

>

Java user access is based on entering the url into internet explorer and then accessing SLD, RWB, IR & ID.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As said by experts.. it is another way of accessing the SLD..

As you know in case of Integration Builder, we can either use the url directly in explorer or we can use Transaction SXMB_IFR directly in ABAP.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is just another way of accessing the sld instead of http://<>/sld from the browser. both of them having the same target place.