Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to change users in UME

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When i'm trying to change the user in UME, i'm getting the following error -

"An error occurred in the persistence. The original message (possibly not translated) was: "Cannot update user UACC.R3_DATASOURCE.SAPUSER in ABAP backend system. Reason: The UME/ABAP adapter has recognized that the communication user is only assigned to the read-only role SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION_RO (or no role at all) in the backend system. Therefore UME was set to read-only mode for users from the backend system. See SAP Note 908911 for further information.". Contact your system administrator"

I checked the note 908911 and says that the communication user should be having the role SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION in order to make changes. We added the role to the communication user which is SAPJSF, but we are still getting the error.

Kindly advise me what should i do to eradicate this error.

Regards,

NK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I regenerated the role SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION, assgined it to the user and then restarted the J2EE Engine and now it is fine. I can now change the users in UME.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. N.K.

I guess we made the same mistake when facing the similar situation.

However, I can't find anywhere SAP states we need to restart J2EE engine after a new role is assigned to ABAP user in base-end system. It's a shame.

MichaelShea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Brad,

You do not need to restart the AS Java to display roles. There is a known limitation that it can take up to 30 minutes for the roles to synchronize. See [ Constraints for UME with ABAP Data Source|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/45/af3ac012d32e78e10000000a155369/frameset.htm].

-Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Michael Shea,

Thanks for the link. I discerned that point.

I knew when J2EE engine starts, it spend long time on one step - so-called "Synchronizing binaries files". I didn't have much sense about it until you told me this.

Thank you again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think i haven't restarted the JAVA Engine after the role assignment to SAPJSF. I'll restart the JAVA Engine and update the post.

Thanks,

NK