Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade BI Content Level 0000 to 0008

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have posted this to BI with no responses so I'm posting here in hopes some Basis person might be able to help.

We currently have BI Content BI_CONT 7.03 0000 (Level 0). I would like to have the latest Business Content Level for Statistics.

Can anyone tell me how long of a process this is for basis? Is it just loading the content and a restart?

I have been told by my basis guys my system would be down for a day?

Can anyone add some comments to this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The amount of time needed for an installation of a support package depends on many factory (machine/disk speed, import configuration (e. g. parallel)) and others.

It can take two hours up to 10 hours.

In normal cases you have a test system where you apply the packages first to see if anything comes up. Then you will get an estimate how long you will need in production.

Markus

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. We are currently on SP15 and our BI_CONT is at 703 0000. Isn't there a quick way to just update the the BI_CONT to 703 0008?

Thanks for any help...

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Thanks for your reply. We are currently on SP15 and our BI_CONT is at 703 0000. Isn't there a quick way to just update the the BI_CONT to 703 0008?

What is "quick"?

The only way of doing that is to download the patches and import them (BI_CONT 001 - 008).

Markus

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not any kind of basis guy so I was thinking they could load the patches without taking the machine down and then just bounce the machine.. Doesn't work that way for what I'm looking for?

Also, if BI Content is updated in DEV does it have to be updated in QA and PRD? I'm thinking I can just transport the BI Content items I'm working with...

Thanks

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I'm not any kind of basis guy so I was thinking they could load the patches without taking the machine down and then just bounce the machine.. Doesn't work that way for what I'm looking for?

The machine must not be taken down but people need to stop working because they may run programs (or parts of it) that will be (ex)changed during the patch application.

> Also, if BI Content is updated in DEV does it have to be updated in QA and PRD? I'm thinking I can just transport the BI Content items I'm working with...

To transport the content it needs to be installed on all machines.

Markus

Answers (0)