cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant Configurator

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to use the variant configurator on a component part. I want the top level part to be a finished product (FERT) - not a configurable FERT. When the production order is created, I want SAP to choose between part A and part B, based on the production order quanitity. All my testing leads me to believe the top level part must be a KMAT or a configurable FERT. Is anyone doing anything similar?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi wanda

Generally we have to create a configurable material with material type KMAT and then we need to assign the class type and its characteristics in classification tab in MMR , and you need to create the material for the characteristics with material type ROH also which is another pre-requisite.

But you cant create a configurable material with material type FERT.

Each material type has its own features

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was hoping not to have to make the FERT configurable. The component, a semifinished product, or HALB is the configurable part. We do use configurable FERTs, but one draw back is that these are non-valuated sales order stock and we operate under MTO valuated sales order stock. Also, wouldn't the configurable FERT require that characteristics be entered at sales order entry?

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi wanda

As far as i understood your question now , i think you want to use HALB.The characteristics which you have created for them you need to create a ROH material ( PP consultants point of view) but through HALB also you can create these characteristics.as a material

.Because we need to maintain the condition record also to determine the price

Regards

Srinath