Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc Adapter error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone.

I'm new to this subject, so please be gentle

I have the following scenario: a SAP R3 system that sends Idocs to another SAP R3 system.

- SAPSenderR3 is a Business System - Service without party (my own machine, in my landscape).

- SAPReceiverR3 is another party, with a Business Service defined with a communication channel SOAP_Receiver_OrderRequest. In this system, i should use web services to attend do all requests coming from SAPSenderR3.

The Idoc is of type ORDERS05, and the mapping is directly to other Idoc of the same type on the receiving machine, with the same fields.

I'm having some trouble in my first message from SAPSenderR3 to XISender to XIReceiver to SAPReceiverR3.

I get the message Unable to convert the sender service SAPReceiverR3PI to an ALE logical system, SAPReceiverR3PI being the name i gave to the Business Service of party SAPReceiverR3.

Can anyone help me with some ideas of what may be doing this? If more info is needed, please ask. I'm not sure what to report.

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since your souce and target structure are same (IDOC to IDOC) so in case you will not require any mapping.

You can also go for IDOC Tunnling. Please go though this blog..

The concept of idoc tunneling comes in to existance when we have to send the idoc

from one SAP application system to another without any mapping or conversion.

Since when an idoc is sent from one SAP application system to another without any mapping or conversion there is no need to generate an idoc-xml in SAP XI .

The benefit of this scenario is that it increases the overall performance of the SAP XI system and leads to faster processing.

******************************************************************************************************

I will also suggest you to go through this document if you have not gone through it before..

How to Confugure IDOC Adapter.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d19fe210-0d01-0010-4094-a6fba344...

As mentioned in Sec 3.5 of this document, if you have not configured your business system accordingly then you will get the error "Unable to convert the sender service to an ALE logical system".

Regards,

Sarvesh

Edited by: Sarvesh Singh on Oct 30, 2008 3:00 AM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nuno

Receiver system need to be a Business system and you need to create Partner profile in WE20.

Follow this guide for your scenario

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c09b775e-e56e-2910-1187-d8eba09c...

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The other SAP R3 system can not be a Business Service. Create Business System instead.

This Business System must be configured in your SLD, and also in R3 as Logical system. Then Create Partner profile in WE20 with this logical system..

I hope it helps you..

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

The other SAP R3 system can not be a Business Service. Create Business System instead.

Why is it that its not possible to use one as Business system and another as Business service in an Idoc to Idoc scenario ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Business System is a logical representation of a Technical system.

Business System = Technical System + Client. i.e. Business Systems points the Technical System and client, which contains the technical parameters that are required to connect to particular system like port, message server etc.

Business Service is mostly used in B2B scenario, where you don't know the Business Systems of your partner. In other words business service will be used only for those partners which do not have a physical landscape set up. So this is the reason that Business Services do not have an entry in SLD.

So when you will configure your Receiver IDOC Communication Channel then you must have the connection parameter which will connect to Technicl System + Client.

In case of Business Service you will be not having an enty in SLD and hence no connection parameters.. Right..

So in case of R3 to R3 (there could be other cases also) you should use only Business System.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sarvesh

That was just a wonderful explanation. You explained it well. thanks again.

Regards

Midhun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you created the sending system as a system in transaction we20, with the ORDER05 Idoc as specified idoc?

regards Ole

Edited by: Ole on Oct 29, 2008 7:16 PM