cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configuring oracle 10g with SAP 4.7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can anyone pls do let me know the procedure to configure the Oracle 10g or 11 version with my SAP 4.7.

actually i have sap 4.7 CDs with pre configured oracle and for this i have installed the databse by using the SAPSERVER rather than actual setup of oracle.

now i would like to use oracle 10g or 11 version with my SAP 4.7. the question is how shd i configure it, as here i have to install the oracle with its own setup.

pls give me a brief procedure.

Regards,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> now i would like to use oracle 10g or 11 version with my SAP 4.7. the question is how shd i configure it, as here i have to install the oracle with its own setup.

For Oracle 10g you need a new installation CD set that will recognize that Oracle 10 is used. Oracle 11 is not supported.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I have all new installation CDs of Oracle 10g. in order to work with SAP 4.7, first i would like to install this oracle with its own setup file than will install the database instance from sap 4.7 CDs.

but before doing all these, i would like to get confirmation about its feasibility. will this work for me ?? are you sure ??

Regards,

Abhishek

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure what you ask about.

R/3 4.7 is supported under Oracle 10g. Make sure you install the latest available patchset plus the latest interim patches before loading the database.

Markus

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oracle 11 is not yet supported by SAP, so, use Oracle 10g.

Former Member
0 Kudos

check : service.sap.com/pam

use SAP KERNEL 6.40_EX2 to support oracle 10.2,

11g is not supported with 4.7

cheers,

-Sunil