cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS 6.20 patch level 18 - dual host - Linux/Apache

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone had to deal with the error message?

"Error in EnviInitialize, rc=1100"

This is diplayed when starting Apache. I suspect it's from the Wgate component that Apache is trying to start.

I setup a dual-host ITS, and it worked fine: I could access services on the application server(a 4.6C system), etc. Then I went through the process to have the two communicate via SNC.

And now, whenever I start Apache, I get this error message. Apache itself does start, but the wgate component doesn't appear to be running because I try and access an SAP service, I get an error message from Apache(page not found), instead of a error message from SAP.

Thx,

Kevin.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I'll give those things a try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin,

yes, the error message is from the wgate.

This is a bootstrap issue in initializing the low-level functionality (reading ITS registry, tracing, etc). If this failes the wgate is not able to read its parameters or write traces, the only thing it can do is to write to the apache log (or stdout) and return to the server.

Since tracing (and other stuff) is not in-place there are no more hints to get to the cause.

What I can think of is:

• syntax errors in (one of) the xml files (probably ItsRegistryWGATE.xml)

>> Please check your changes again (end tags and slashes), or take them out one by one.

• Apache runtime user is changed and due to that the XML files are no longer accessable.

• The rights of the XML files (ITS registry) are changed and no longer accessable.

Regards,

Fekke