cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Images Display Throught Portal iViews

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

After adding an image through Master Data Manager on a product; while consulting this product trought portal. We are not able to see the image on Result and Detail iViews. We have tried every cases : storage on repository and using link. We still have the same behavior at the end.

Could you help me on this??

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can you throw some more details? what you are getting on clicking the link of the image. In the link you sould see the image variant like thumbnail or original. So make sure you have generated those image variants.

let us know with more details.

Thanks,

Raags

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Générique,

Are the images correctly visible in your MDM data manager if so they should be visible in the portal as well.

Try setting the property Allow invalid images to Yes in the console Repositories->properties

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raags and Simona,

Ok here are some details of my problem :

When i click on the image link, i have a popup asking if i want to open or save the image.

But none of this actions works, if i click on the 'open' button for example i have a blank IE popup.

I have changed the settings on 'Allow incorrect images' but as we have a problem of refreshment of the portal

I am not able to test the results for the moment. We are waiting for a stop/restart of the server in order to see if our problem has been handled. I will keep you inform.

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Générique BDDQ

As mentioned by Simona.. Are you able to see it from data manager? is it only problem on the portal?

Thanks

Raags

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes we don't have any problem while using Data Manager...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we just restarted the portal to take into account the modifications of the repository properties and we are still facing the same problem...

Images appear on Data Manager but a blank with red cross image on Portal....

We are testing if it couldn't come from an authorisation problem.

If you have any idea, there will be welcome

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Générique BDDQ

First of all it is now understand that images are not shown even on the data manager because it shows some cross kind of.

We had a similar issue - As we had images as links from a network folder there was no permissions for the userid which runs the mdm server service. So we created a special network user for this purpose and gave the read permissions to this network folder then made this user to start the service of mdm server. by going to 'services' in the mdm server you can see in the properties of the mdm service that default user is assigned.

so check this if you are getting images as link.

Thanks,

Raags

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

We are checking this point about the user stuff.

Once more, we are not facing any problem on Master Data Management.

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raag,

We have checked with a super-admin user and we are still not able to display images on portal...

As i already said we are not facing any problem on Matser Data Management.

Is your solution supposed to solve the portal problem? In my understand your solution could be helpfull if we had the problem on both portal and Master data Management. Am I right?

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Générique BDDQ !! sorry i somehow overlooked about the not haivng mdm client error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you know how to handle the link between portal and images folder on the server??

I guess the portal is not checking the right folder.

Thanks in advance Raags

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually there is not link directly to images folder. Portal talks to MDM and mdm talks to folder of images. Make sure that users who access the portal has permissions on the MDM System you created in the Portal System Landscape. Below url better explains how the images are processed from MDM through portal.

There is a portal component called ObjectServer which is an out-of-box sap delivered. Also make sure the permissions of this objectserver component for all users. So this object server is called by passing the parameters of what system alias from which it needs to fetch the images, what image variant it has to bring, from what table it has to get (for images it is always table Images) and the image id of the image. So, this is the funda of images from mdm accessed through the portal.

http://portal:port/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.pct.mdm.appl.masteriviews.ObjectServer?cat...

hope it helps you.

Thanks,

Raags