Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping Steps

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frnds,

I am working on B2B Project,its really critical landscape wi

i completed developemnt of one interface i tested my interface its working fine.

But my issues is number of mapping steps including JAVA ,XSLT,MESSAGE MAPPING 27 steps, I tried to reduce mapping steps,finaly its come to 27.

Now i want to know that performance is depend on Mapping Steps?? In this case how to improve performance.

Share use full information how to improve performance.

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

27 mappings in a single interface mapping????

now thats pretty serious .... why did u have to go for that? try to reduce that number ...

i think this is the first time i have seen such numbers of mapping being called

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

27 mapping steps,

4 Interface Mappings.

1 st Interface Mapping having 17 steps icluding db look ups,sql looks up,4 xslt,5 java maps

based on 1 st Interface Mapping it will identify the next interface Mapping

based on conditions i implemented Extended Interface Determinitaion.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja

As said above by experts it depends on the size. Other than that frequency of executing that mapping program and number of parallel threads running can make a difference over performance.

Just curious to know the requirement that made you deploy 27 mappings. Do share this exp.

Thanks

Gaurav

prasad_ulagappan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

This is the first time I heard 27 mappings in a single interface....

Performance wise, it depends on the size of the data you are passing. If the size is really very small, you dont find any issues, but if the sizes exeeds then you will get some problems. Also I guess, it would be really difficult to debug if anything goes wrong in the interface which will affect the maintenance phase of the proejct...

If possible, try to add some more shell scripts or java proxy or module kind of things for more validations to reduce the number of mappings which will improve the performance...