cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployable Web Service Proxy in CE 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone

I've seen a lot of documentation referring to Deployable and Standalone Web Proxies, but this feature/functionality seems to have disappeared in NW CE 7.1.

Please could someone advise how I should go about creating a web service proxy (for an external web service) that uses a client certificate for authentication? I'm not sure whether to use a Destination associated with a ws proxy (can't figure out how this would work), or if there's some other way of creating the proxy so it can be configured in NWA after deployment, or perhaps some other possibility.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks

Stuart

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
I've seen a lot of documentation referring to Deployable and Standalone Web Proxies, but this feature/functionality seems to have disappeared in NW CE 7.1

Not sure what exactly you meant by feature/functionality seems to have disappeared. Please refer this [link |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/45/100c6be9f87201e10000000a155369/content.htm] which explains how to create Web Service proxies.

Also refer [Configuring Individual Web Services|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/57/07813ee3d32b44e10000000a114084/content.htm] for Client Certificate based authentication.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bala

I've seen those links, and have followed the instructions in the relevant docs - but it doesn't seem to be quite what I need.

The configuration link you sent is used to configure a service definition, but I'm just needing to configure the service proxy. The service definition is hosted externally by another company - thus I have no control over it.

When I create a web service proxy as per the documentation, it does not appear in SOA Management for me to configure. Do you know if this is correct or incorrect? I would've expected it to appear there so I can set the client certificate to use for authentication - but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok... I've managed to find out why it wasn't working correctly. I wasn't using a DC project, and when I changed to use a DC project it appeared correctly in the list.

My mistake, but unfortunately the docs weren't very clear on this either.

Thnks for the help!

Answers (0)