cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS file interface via ABAP - cross site performance improvement - SAPHTTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are running a multi site landscape where we have content servers aroudn the world.

One of our new projects is loading scanned documents into SAP DMS. The scanner and content server is at the same location, but the atlantic ocean separates them from the SAP system.

What we are trying to do is to store the documents in the content server without sending them via the SAPHTTPA on the application server. Remember there is no front end since we are running this as an backgroudn job.

How do we actually do that? How do we get the new RFC connection we create to talk to a remote SAPHTTP?

Regards,

Espen Leknes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thought i should keep you up to date on this.

Via various sources, i've managed to figure out how one can do this.

SAPHTTP is now started on a server, registers itself in SAP and is available as an RFC destination for use when checking in.

Regards,

Espen Leknes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Espen,

I am facing the same problem. Hopefully you can help me out.

How can I start the SAPHTTP.exe on the server and get it to register itself to SAP?

I get the same problem on frontend check-in as well. If I check-in a file on location B (where location A is the ERP) getting all files transported to the ERP and back to the content repository on location B. Is it possible to force a file transfer from frontend (on location B) to content repository on location B instead.

Any hints here?

Many thanks in advance!

Kind regards.

Stefan Lindenmeier

EDIT: Frontend problem solved. The SAPHTTP.exe was not reachable (for whatever reason) after deleting the RFC destination SAPHTTP it worked out well and the files get transported directly from frontend to the contend repository.

Edited by: Stefan L on Sep 15, 2009 8:08 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TooCann and others,

Debugging the code for checkin in DMS, this still seems like a good way to go.

The RFC connection to use for check-in can be specified all the way down, so KPro is clearly geared that way. Hopefully we will have an RFC connection to the SAPHTTP on the content server running early next week. Then i will run some tests and see how it performs.

Will keep you upated.

Regards,

Espen Leknes

former_member187506
Contributor
0 Kudos

Espen:

I haven't done it, but it looks like you can post a file directly to the content server using an http post. Take a look at the link below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/f9/eca63730e16838e10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

This is a view from 4.6C. I suspect later releases will suport the same post and update methods.

Getting the original files into the content server is one thing, but once you get them there, referencing the DMS info record to the original file may be the challenge.

Interesting concept, I am curious how things work out.