Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog search in SHC does not show items - session timed out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have the following situation in our production environment:

We hace SRM 5.0 installed in one system and CCM 2.0 installed in another system (Search - engine and autorisation tools are on the CCM 2.0 system, not on our SRM system.

If we try to pick an item from a catalog in our shopping cart,

1. First of all, we are asked to key in the user and key for accesing the CCM 2.0 system. (in our case CCMUSER with key xxx, a service user defined in the CCM 2.0 system and in the Catalog call structure in SRM 5.0)

2.After we enter this information, The catalog with its categories is showed correctly. However, when we try to visualize the positions inside the category, we get this message "Your session has timed out - call up SAP Catalog Search Engine again in SRM".

What is wrong in our landscape? We published the catalog well - log shows no errors, the CCMUSER is set up like in our test environment - a service user with the three /CCM/ - autorizations and SAP_ALL, SAP_NEW profiles.

We are about to have a go -live

Thanks for any clues,

Aart

We a

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had a diference in the URL from the search engine in CCM 2.0 system with the url of the catalog call structure en SRM 5.0.

After aligning them, we could see the positions in the catalog.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aart,

Me too facing the same issue.Kindly let me know,how did you resolve the same.

Apprecaite your quick response.

Thanks much!

Shash

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shash,

As was already explained - the issue was that the URL in the catalog call structure did not match the URL of the CSE BSP Application tmp_entry.htm. These must match to allow access to the CSE and the user used in the call structure must have the /CCM/CATALOG_SEARCH role and exist in the CCM client.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason,

I now understand a bit more about the page for SAP support

I just tried to replicate my example with the URL

http://catsrm.entel.entelcorp.com:8000/sap/bc/bsp/ccm/srm_cse/entry_tmp.htm

And I could open the categories of the catalog and see the positions inside.

As I understand your first answer, this means we have a BASIS problem? How can we analise and correct it?

Any clues?

Thanks

Aart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jason,

I used URL:

http://catsrm.entel.entelcorp.com:8000/sap/bc/bsp/ccm/srm_cse/tmp_entry.htm

It asked me to enter a user, I entered the CCMUSER with its password and after this I entered a Internal SAP Page - only designed for SAP support!

Im not sure if this is correct!

Does this mean that there is a Balancing problem between the the two servers? How can we analyse this in more detail?

Thanks for any reply,

Aart

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aart,

It sounds like you may have a webdispatcher or some web server tool messing with load balancing/protocol switching in between these systems, have you checked replicating all this just using the CSE directly, i.e. change the URL from main.do to tmp_entry.htm and directly test the CSE, if all is ok then it must be something messing with the protocol or a load balancer messing with the server path....

Regards,

Jason