cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order Item to create a Purchase Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iu2019m not SD consultant but I would like to create a sales order and originate a PO for that sales order item.

Which item category should I select and after that I just have to create the PO, the cost of this PO are also allocated to this sales order correrct?

Thanks,

Bo 75.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

you can configure the schedule lines to automatically trigger a Purchase Requisition in the sales order. in MM side, a PO is then created with reference to this PR.

regards.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jonathan,

Imagine this scenario:

I'm selling Material A, and I need also to pay for the transportation of this Material to the client site, so I've 2 items in the SO, one for the Material A selling that I'll do after the Outbound Del, Post Goods Issue and create the Billing document. For the second item with the transportation cost I've the PR generated by the SO, I convert it into a PO and make the GR and Invoice the transportation company.

Process is over or not, I'm confuse by your last post message.

Thanks.

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi bruno

Then while creating the PO , you can see the conditions tab there you can manually enter the freight charges , but here the stock is moving inward , but this for internal purpose.But if you want to know how much the vendor has charged the freight charges you have to maintain.

But as you are delivering the stock to the customer while doing delivery , assign condition type KF00 in the pricing procedure there you can maintain the freight charges for the customer and material

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I've created the PR via Sales Order, than I've converted it into PO and make the GR and Invoice.

Just a silly question, I donu2019t have to do anything more in the SD side right, Iu2019ve give entry with the PO and sold the stock for that particular Sales Order, I donu2019t need to create a Delivery and Post Goods issue isnu2019t it, all this steps were done on the MM side correct?

Thanks.

Bo 75.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again.

when you execute a PO and the subsequent Inbound Delivery, the movement of the material is inward. on the other hand, SD transactions are outward.

so after the sales order, you still have to do outbound delivery, PGI and billing.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assuming all the basic settings are configured

Step1: Run T Code VA01 and input the u201Cdocument typeu201D as OR along with your sales area. Then enter your business partner number along with the material number and quantity. Save the order.

Step2: T Code VA03 input the order number which you have created. Select the line item and (menu bar) Goto u2013 Items u2013 Schedule lines. You will find the u201Cpurchase requisitionu201D for that item just copy the number.

Note: If you unable to see the u201Cpurchase requ201D in the sales order then make sure you need to change the Item category group of a material in MM02 as BANC in Sales: sales org 2 tab.

Step3: Run T Code ME21N under the item paste the u201Cpurchase requisitionu201D number generated at sales order level and hit enter that will automatically give all the details, save. You can save the Purchase order.

This scenario will only help to create purchase order until I know why you want to create a purchase order I canu2019t proceed further.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

In VOV6 you create a schedule line category (eg: CB) for which you specify a purchase requisition type.

You have to assign this schedule line category to an item category in IMG - SD - Sales - Sales Documents - Schedule line - Assign Schedule line categories.

After saving the sales order with the item category you configured, it will be created a purchase requisition, with reference at this pur. req. you can create a PO.

Hope helps.