cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Week Full Extract of Repositories

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MDM Guru's,

I have scenario where i need to do week extarct of all the records in my repository(automatically) and sent it to the Manufacturing site to verify data records.

The extraction can be into .txt file or .xls file.

is there any automated extraction of all the records from the repository (any ABAP API's), if so can you please explain me.

if not can you please guide me if there is any work around solution.

Thanks in advance

cheers

Srihari Reddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

Weekly Extraction of MDM records can be brought about by using the syndication server and port configurations.

As mentioned in the above post,you can schedule your syndication task to run either weekly,hourly or daily,

Based on this setting your MDM Master records will get extracted in the format you have saved in the map.

- You need to first Save a map in the MDM syndicator mapping all the required fields you want to extract.

- For syndicating in the .txt format.

- You need to mention the same in the Destination properties as Flat type.

- Also you will have to mention the remote system and port where the syndicated records will get posted.

Note :That this scheduled extraction takes place using the MDSS ie MDM syndication server and so the syndicated output is only possible in the outbound ready folder that you craete and mention .

Also for syndication in .txt you will have to manually create your destination items to be mapped unlike XML format where an XML schema can be used.

- After entering all the details in the destination properties and performing the mapping ,you need to save the map.

- Then mention the maps name in the ports detail property.

- The main things to pay note are the processing type:Automatic , Interval :Weekly ,Map name

- Also settings need to be done in the mdss.ini file nad the syndication server needs to be running.

Refer the below links to understand the working of MDM Syndication server:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/8973bcaf-0801-0010-b7a7-f6af6b1d...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5102beaf-0801-0010-8e93-fa2d47ba...

You can refer the below links to understand the settings that need to be done in the mdss.ini file:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/93/e0cc3ac77c4319ad70ef1da0f969b9/content.htm

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for ur updates.

I have followed the procedure and created a Port, Remote system, Map in Syndicator and saved it in Port.

Now, how can syndicator trigger all the available records in the Data Manager of Repository automatically with out any manual guidence(weekly job).

where do i need to do configuration or setup to syndicate records automatically.

If i need to change settings mdss.ini. could u please provide me any link to documentation or any kind of code(changes) i need to write in mdss.ini.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Srihari Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

Its the Syndication Server that takes care of this. When you create Port with Processing Type = Automatic, syndication server will start syndicating the records depending upon map settings.

First try to syndicate with Syndication Server whether syndication is successful or not instead of waiting for week's time.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks, I could syndicate the file automatically,

Port Detail

Processing Type = Automatic

Processing Interval = Weekly

Next Syndication Date = ?

Next Syndication Time = 16:00:00

Do i need to give Next Syndication Date = ?

If so, do we need to change the Next syndication date manually every time.

Please Guide me.

Cheers

Srihari Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

You need to pass Next Syndication Date. It states that on which date syndication should start. Say you have given tomm's date, then it will start syndication process from 31-10-08 and then next week will automatically be taken care of. Its a one time activity.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for ur updates.

I need some more details on this topic --

How to change the default output file name (BP_XX_XX), srite my own naming convetions.

u2022 Every time, when new file created, this new file should overwrite the existing file in the ready directory

o This file should not have any date/time information in the file name

Which kind of data extract files should we have in the Ready directory?

u2022 Weekly Extract

o Net change

o By logistic company (If we have 50 logistic companies)

Please guide me

Cheers

Srihari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

Automatic syndication using the MDM syndication server will syndicate the file in the default name only.

You have the option of changing the output file name only when you are performing manual syndication not automatic.

The only way to rename the outputted file is manually by rt clicking the file name and editing.

So since every file name is different with the time stamp value attached each week when a file is outputted it will have the new timestamp and will store in the outbound ready folder.

There seems to be a way to rename the outputted file using the batch mechanism kindly refer the below link to understand better:

Hope it helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

We cannot change the file name syndicated using Syndication Server and every time it syndicates the file with Time Stamp as a file name hence it is not overwriting the existing file. This process we have to do manually.

Output file may contain all the records present in the repository or the records not syndicated before. Depends on the settings of syndication map.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i have records based on Companies i.e (1 - 50). How to syndicate records (automatically) based on 50 companies in single repository.

As per my knowledge, we can create 50 ports and 50 maps, but i feel its illogical. Can you guys please guide me.

Cheers

Srihari

former_member198313
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

You definitely need 50 maps. However if 2 or more systems/companies are same then they can share the map.

abt ports, we can reduce if we know the process.

+ An

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

Any updates please!!

Cheers

Srihari Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

It is possible to schedule the Automatic Syndication. Create an Outbound port with Processing Type = Automatic and Processing Interval = Weekly.

Check the below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/8e/9f9c427055c66ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Repository Maintainance -> Other System Tables -> Ports

This is achieved with the help of Syndication Server and it depends on your Syndication Map settings.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja