cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different number for Shopping Cart and Purchase Requisition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are on SRM5.0 and ECC6.0. I have configured the SC number range in SRM as internal and the same number range as external for PR's in ECC.When de SC is created in SRM it gets for example nr 10000046. When sent to the backend ECC, a PR is created with number 10000047.

PR Number = always SC number + 1. How is this possible?

Thanks for any replies.

Regards,

Roel van Loon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

isn't it standard that numbers of SC and PR are identical if in SRM you setup the number range as internal and in ECC you set the same range as external? What can go wrong here?

Is it possible to debug? I need to find the moment that the Backend creates the PR number.

Thanks for all your answers.

Regards,

Roel van Loon

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need not maintain the same no range for SRM SC & ECC PR.

though it is true that in CLASSIC the no of ECC PR is externally decided by SRM by the setting

you mentioned.

But the kind of synchronisation you are expecting in SRM SC & ECC PR may not be possible.

Hence suggested to pass the SC no in ECC PR 'tracking' field.

You can debug the process by breaking the earlier mentioned BADI.

BR

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems that you need to have tracebility of SC in PR no.

Keeping the no range for SRM SC & ECC PR may not help.

Because the SC running no is picked up (& booked) once the user starts creating SC.

So if user starts the SC but does not complete then difference would go on increasing.

Better way is to pass the SC no to ECC PR -> contact perosn - > 'tracking no' field

via BADI BBP_CREATE_BE_RQ_NEW

BR

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the strating number range is 10000046 (eg:10000 to 99999) for SC try maintain the starting number range is 10000047 (eg:10001 to 99999) for PR. This is only possible in the initial setup...i don't think it's possible in the other way around. This won't possible if alreay any PR created.

Cheers!!!

NMK

Edited by: NMK on Oct 29, 2008 4:41 PM