cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB2 on AS/400 JDBC connection error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We are trying to connect to a DB2 database on AS/400 by the mean of JDBC adapter. We have deployed the jt400.jar in the SDM, but the CC Monitoring is showing the following error:

Error during database connection to the database URL 'jdbc:as400://<server>:<port>/DBName' using the JDBC driver 'com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver': 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:as400://<server>:<port>/DBName': java.awt.HeadlessException'

We have also tryied another connection strings, and get the same error whatever the URL we use.

Has anyone experienced a similar error or any idea regarding this kind of error?

Many thanks in advance,

Paco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check u r Wether Drivers deployed of jdk 1.4.2 Version.

Make sure this as XI work on from 1.4.2 and donot even go beyond 1.5

rgds

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Srini is right, you need a former version 'cause JTopen 6.3 is deployed with version 1.6, not supported by XI.

Maybe you can find the jt400.jar somewhere in the AS400 server.

Regards,

Paco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We used JT Open 6.2 and jt400.jar version 6.1.0.4.

This worked fine for us. This can be downloaded from http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/software/toolbox/index.html

Regards,

Balaji.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Balaji,

Unfortunately, only the latest version seems to be available at SourceForge (6.3). Is it possible for you to post the earlier version of jt400.jar (and possibly the jt400native.jar) on rapidshare or something similar?

Kind regards, Wilbert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wilbert,

I have just sent an e-mail to you. I hope it works.

Regards,

Paco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, What version of the JDBC driver did you use? I tried it using the 6.3 version of the JTopen package, but this gives a version conflict.

Edited by: Wilbert Jeuken on Nov 4, 2008 1:19 PM

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wilbert,

Can you try and connect to the db2 instance from the command line or from a QSH prompt..?

Regards

Ravi Raman