cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL installation for ECC5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I am installing ECC5.0. once i installed the SQL db and due to some issue I uninstalled the SQL db and ECC5.0 at the same time.

I uninstalled the SQL by selecting the icon from sapinst.exe(NW->additionalsoftware->SQL), but SQL is not uninstalled..so I uninstalled SQL db from add or remove..

and started installation process again then its giving the issue that "the version of SQL server is not supported by the script"

kindly tell me the way to resolve issue and to install ECC5.0.

thanks in advance,

Aravind

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot uninstall the SQL from ADD/Remove programs, by doing this way it will leave the traces of it registry files and the uninstallation process is incomplete, you need to run the installation CD of SQL once again where it prompts for the uninstall of the SQL version and follow the steps. from SAPINST you will uninstall just the DB schema but not the entire Database.

Try to uninstall from the Database software CD and if not successfull you need to reinstall everything From OS....Since windows keeps this registry files of software unless these are deleted you cannot reintall the Database again successfully, so better go from scrap again.

Regards...

Raju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

thanks for ur responses..

regards,

Aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

One question

What was the solutions for your problem? because I have the same problem with installation SQL 2005 for ECC 6.0

Regards

DS

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did not install SQL for ECC 5.0 but did for ECC 6.0.

Before reinstalling SQL + ECC 5.0 again, delete SQL folder fromC:\Program files\ or which ever SQL program directory you have previously choosen.

The current problem you might be facing is due to fact that SQL install script do not expect to have SQL directory, and that may be causing problem..

Hope this helps,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi krishna,

first of all thaks for ur reply...i did the process but the result is same and it also giving another prompt thet"SQL path is not found"..

regards,

aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope you have uninstalled all SQL related programs (including any Service packs) from Add/Remove Programs. ..deleted directory mentioned above and restarted Server before performing installation again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes i did the same way and restarted the server also but the result is same...

regards

Aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos

go through installation guide service.sap.com/instguides --> SAP Business Suite Applications --> SAP ERP --> mySAP ERP 2004 SAP ECC 5.0 and follow 2.3.2 Deleting an SAP Instance chapter.

cheers,

-Sunil