cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

to Apply patches

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client is in delhi(already development server was installed).I want to apply patches from my office(i.e.in mumbai) through remote desktop.I dont have saprouter.Is it possible to apply patches like this,how we have to proceed.

Thanku

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Only 2thing we can do now

First thing 1) u need to have FTP access then u can install Patch in to your system then u can upload to that server by using FTP access.

Any how at last that patch should be in Server. Then only we can Apply patch smoothly.

Second thing 2) What u should do is to take that Remote control access of that server to ur Desktop then try to download the Patch from Service Market Place with in the server. and then try to up load it out to ur SAP server ur problem will be solved.

both the ways u can do.....

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can apply SP using RDP. All you to do is just download your patches to the server and follow

1. -> Download all the required .SAR and .CAR file

to /usr/sap/trans or to relavant transport directory.

2. -> after copying/downloading file to the /trans directory

run SAPCAR -xvf <package name>.SAR or

<package name>.CAR it will automatically copy all the

*.PAT and *.ATT file to /EPS/in

3. -> now go to R3 level and run Tcode SPAM.

4. -> now load packages from the application server.

5. -> you will be able to see uploaded packages with the green

light.

6. -> Now add SP to the queue by going in to display/define

queue.

Best of Luck,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you speak about support packages, you will have to install a sapgui on the server and use it from Terminal server.

It should work but it is a DIRTY solution.

The real solution is to get a sapgui acces to the server from your PC which means probably to use a saprouter (or several).

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having no saprouter,is it possible thorugh teamviewer concept.

Thanku

Former Member
0 Kudos

unless you have access to the server at GUI level you can do it, just schedule the patches in background. then no need to keep you session online or manual input if there is a timeout.

cheers,

-Sunil