cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically Restart messages stuck in Java Stack.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Is there a way to restart messages in java stack automatically like in ABAP stack.

2) Alerts are not raised when messages are stuck in Java stack, for the same interface alerts are raised when stuck in ABAP stack any reason for this?

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> 1) Is there a way to restart messages in java stack automatically like in ABAP stack.

> 2) Alerts are not raised when messages are stuck in Java stack, for the same interface alerts are raised when stuck in ABAP stack any reason for this?

>

> Thanks in Advance.

1) after a default retry (usually 3 times), u will have to manually restart

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member193386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In CC, at adapter engine monitoring, is possible to configure max attempts to try to send message, for example, in some adapters type, like mail for example, you can configure max attempts and time between it´s.

After this attemps to send message by adapter just manual restart will be allowed

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know if you found already the solution for automatic restart of messages but there is a possibilty of an automatic restart.

you have to open the url: HOST:Port/pimon

-> Configuration and Administration

-> Adapter Engine

-> Background Scheduling

Here you can create new jobs for restarting messages

best regards

Timo Eckhardt

rz10.de - die SAP Basis und Security Experten - Das Team vom Fachbereich SAP Basis und Security

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In order to restart messages which get stuck in Adapter Engine (I suppose that's what you want), just go into Message Monitoring, select Adapter Engine, filter the messages and, on the result list, you should be able to see the "Restart" button. Just select the errored message and click on it.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henrique,

I know how to restart the message manually, i want the server to automatically restart message when it is in error. We can do it in ABAP stack. I wonder if the same is possible in Java Stack.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh sorry, my bad.

I'm not sure there's a way...

Regards,

Henrique.