cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Context & Adobe Interactive Form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I added an adobe form to my WD component. Normally I have not had any problems doing this, and they seem to work quite well. Anyhow, now I wanted to display the SAP standard travel expense form which is using interface PTRV_EXPENSE_FORM. When I added the template to the layout and then the system automatically generated me the view context that corresponds to the form interface, I am having the following problem.

There are (among others) two parameters in the interface with the following names:

IT_FORM_ADDRESS_EMPLOYEE

IT_FORM_ADDRESS_EMPLOYER

When I try to active the view, it is giving me an error:

Node WDCTX_IT_FORM_ADDRESS_EMPLO has already been decleared.

And yes, this is of course true. These generated context node names seem to be too long, and the system shortens them in the code that is generated by the WD framework.

How to solve this? I suppose I cannot rename the cotext node names, since then the "binding" between the WD context and the form interface will not work, or will it? (How does the data transfer between the WD and form actually works?).

Regards,

Pa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Are you sure that the forum interface PTRV_EXPENSE_FORM is allowed for usage in Web Dynpro ABAP? It kind of sounds like it is a DDic based interface and that it contains problems that would make it incompatible with a Web Dynpro based context. You can't assume that every SAP supplied forms interface will work in Web Dynpro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

>Are you sure that the forum interface PTRV_EXPENSE_FORM is allowed for usage in Web Dynpro ABAP?

How can I check this? Why would some forms not be allowed to be used by WD ABAP? We are speaking about a static form. I would assume that if we can pass the data through the interface for the form, there would be nothing to prevent us for using a form inside an WD view?

Well, to be honest, I haven't really studied this carefully. I just assumet that this all kind of works automatically, and that I can use basically any static form in my WF views. And after my few experiments I though that my assumption is correct.

But is there really something that would prevent me using this form? I mean that if I create a copy of the interface&form, rename the elements in them, can I assume that the form will work?

Regards,

Pa

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

In general most forms can be used in WD. However it is recommended if you are creating new forms you should use the XML based form interface (if you want interactive forms you must use XML based). Most DDic based forms can be used in WD, however it is possible to create a DDic based form interface that due to the naming used in the form interface become incompatible with the naming conventions of the WD context. This could just be an older form that was created on 6.40 before developers even knew the restrictions of WD since it didn't come until 7.0.

You have two choices. Copy the form and create a new interface for it. Your other choice would be to use the form as is, but not embedd it directly in the InteractiveForm UI element. Instead from coding in WD, call the function module and retrieve back the PDF source as a XSTRING. Then bind this XSTRING into the PDFSource property of hte interactiveForm without even specifiying a form in the UI element. You won't have context data binding into the form - you will instead have to pass the input parameter through the generated function module interface.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

The PDF source trick of yours was just brilliant. We were already trying to find ways to make this PDF displaying WD component as simple as possible, and were thinking that would it be possible to somehow just use the output of the "PDF function module" in the WD. This did exactly the thing that we were looking for at the first place altough I didn't even ask this in this thread.

And yes, it works now.

Thanks,

Pa

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think u r missing the some what steps.

You should create a online intractive form via usine Webdynpro Component directly.At that time u will not receive thses problem.

Regards

Ricky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricky,

Can you please explain what you mean? I should create an Adobe form from WD?

I have used existing adobe forms without any problems before, so I don't think that I am missing any steps. I have even a working Adobe form in the same WD component.

-Pa