cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a qualified field in a record of the Item Detail iView

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem for the integration of MDM in the Portal.

The main table of the repository I'm using contains several qualified fields.

When I work with the DataManager, I have no problem to manage the qualified fields (creation, edition, deletion).

To use this functionality in the portal, I have created a page and included it in a ResultSet iView and an Item Detail iView on the main table. I can edit or delete qualified fields, but can not create them.

Any idea ?

Thank you in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

We are not designing the Item Detail iView.

In fact, we just try to enrich data. For example, when we want to attach a supplier (qualified table) to a product (main table) by clicking on "Add" button, we get the pop-up correctly. But when saving, the product is not updated with the supplier chosen.

Additionnaly, we don't have the problem for deletion or modification of an existing data

Hope that is more clear now for you

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your settings are proper and you are able to delete the Qualified table details it means everything is in place just the thing I was thinking though quite vague for you try refreshing Data Manager screen or Close and then Start Data Manager because it may be a display problem. I know the chances are minimal for this but still you can try this.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaresh,

We had already try to refresh without success.

We have done some more tests, and we have some strange behavior:

The only way to add a value on the qualified sheet is to select a value (as if we wanted to modify it) but instead of clicking modify , we do click on 'Add', then we select the record we want to add, we click on 'Add' and the value is added.

If we do exactly the same things but without selecting an existing value on the qualified sheet, when we click on 'Add' , nothing happen

One of the consequence of such a behavior, is that if there is no value attached to the product, we are not able to 'Add' anyone, we need to have at least one value attached in order to have the possibilty to Add a new one.

Any Idea??

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

fist sorry for last message, get your name wrong....

As i Said in my previous message, we have done some more tests, and we have some strange behavior:

The only way to add a value on the qualified sheet is to select a value (as if we wanted to modify it) but instead of clicking modify , we do click on 'Add', then we select the record we want to add, we click on 'Add' and the value is added.

If we do exactly the same things but without selecting an existing value on the qualified sheet, when we click on 'Add' , nothing happen

One of the consequence of such a behavior, is that if there is no value attached to the product, we are not able to 'Add' anyone, we need to have at least one value attached in order to have the possibilty to Add a new one

Would you have any recommandations or clue to handle this issue?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

Thank you for your answer.

The problem is that even for an existing record on the main table, I can not add a qualified field.

Have you ever resolved this kind of issue ?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you adding fields while designing Item Details iView there is an option Qualified Details (radio button) there you need to manually move the fields to be displayed i.e. you need to select the Non-Qualifier and Qualifier fields and this step is mandatory in case of Qualified tables though you will get [ALL] but still move the fields manually.

Kindly update us.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Create a main table record and save it. Because it wont allow you to enter the qualified table details unless you save the main table record.

2. Select the record for editing then only it will allow you to enter qualified table details.

It is logical because if it is allowing you to create main table and qualified table record at same time it means you have linked both main table record and qualified table record before actually saving.

Compare this behaviour with Data Manager. In which we first create a main table record, save it and then add the Qualified table details.

Kindly update us.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja