Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOCL printing and ALV export to excel on ITS

former_member912992
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have ECC 5.0 with integrated ITS. By logon to the ITS, can I:

1. Print using LOCL? What parameters need to set?

2. Export the ALV to excel (previous XXL format) as per note 1080608?

Regards,

Agoes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

JP_Barcenas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Agoes,

No, unfortunately this is still not possible with the integrated ITS. The note 771683 that I mentioned before is valid for basis 640 and higher, where the ITS is already integrated.

So, ITS fronted printing should always pass through Adobe Reader. Once Adobe Reader is open, you can send the output to any printer you want.

Regards,

Juan

Edited by: Juan Pablo Barcenas on Nov 12, 2008 2:40 PM

JP_Barcenas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Agoes,

I see your point. You want to use the very old XXL format. In that case you are correct. This is not possible in the webgui environment, refer to SAP note 822867. Nevertheless, you have other options for exporting to excel, like MHTML or XML formats.

Regards,

Juan

former_member912992
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thanks a lot! Your reply explained.

Regarding to LOCL printing from ITS, does it mean only conversion to PDF file is possible? If I am not wrong, when I attended SAP Netweaver Seminar in Amsterdam back in 2006, the talker confirmed it can be done on integrated ITS NW04. I was the one who raised the question at that time.

If it is possible to print LOCL from ITS, I just wanted to know whether any other parameters should be set accordingly.

Regards,

Agoes

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Agoes,

For the download (or upload) from ITS you will need a JVM on the browser side. See note 980772 for supported JVM versions.

Edgar

JP_Barcenas
Participant
0 Kudos

1. Yes, but instead of sending the output directly to the printer, a PDF file will be created, which then can be printed using Adobe Reader. See note 771683 for details.

2. Yes, it shouldn't be a problem.

Regards.

former_member912992
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juan, Edgar,

Thanks for reply.

My concern in number 2 is, to export to excel, a function module needs to be executed. If it runs on SAPGUI there shouldn't be a problem to connect to user's PC, but with ITS, I doubt. The function module is more / less like downloading the list to excel sheet and needs interaction with PC's MS Office.

Any idea? Have you tested it before?

Regards,

Agoes

Edited by: Agoes Boedi Poerwanto on Nov 3, 2008 4:46 AM