cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate Ship to party selection in item and header level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How a alternate ship to party in header level and item level be selected please.

Best Regards

RD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durai

I try to make it simple.

You maintain partner relationship in two places.

They are,

1. Customer master data ( sales area data > partner function tab )

2. In sales document ( at both header & item level ).

Difference between the two are,

In Customer master, you can have multiple Partners for one Partner function, but in Sales documents you can not have more then one Partner for one Function.

Only, Outline agreement is an exception where you can have more one partner ( alternative SP & SH ) for one Partner function.

In the customer master, if there are more then one Ship-to-party, then when you create a Sales order, then system will give you a pop-up/a list of SH to choose the one you want.

Therefore add the multiple Ship-to-parties in the customer master of your Sold-to-party,so that system will give you a pop-up.

So you can select the SH you require.

As beacuse already multiple SH are there in the cust master of SP, so you can change the SH at Item level for some items.

Select the Item, go to item details, in the partner tab you can change the Ship-to-party (remember you can not add here one more SH ).

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear RD

In sale order to change the ship to party at header level, you can change the same on top of the screen where you can see the field "Ship-to-party".

To change at item level, select the line item for which you want to change, click on "Goto -- Item -- Partner". There you can change the ship to party.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Durai,

Go to Sales order Item data -->Partner functions here you can enter the alternative ship to party , but make sure that this ship to parties are assigned to that sold to party in the customer amster.

Go to sales order Header data-->Partner functions here you can enter the alternative ship to party , but make sure that this ship to parties are assigned to that sold to party in the customer amster.

If you maintain multiple ship to parties in the header it will not have impact on the process system will consider only one ship to party because header data is common for total document.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Murali,

Thanks. But while assigning , the alternative ship point, the system gives the message, ship to party......... can be assigned only once.

So i created a differenct account group for the ship to parties.

Selected one and assigned at item level.The system accepted that.

But even this ship to party is not accepted at header level.why?

Best Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Header data is the data applicable to the whole document. So you cant have different SH at header level. But SH can be different for line items.

Consider there is a SP and 2 SH and we are selling two materials.

The 2 materilas we are selling to one SP but it should ship to or delivered to different SH, so in this case header one SP and SH will be ther and line item wise we can have different SH.

Sam

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Durai,

In the header you can able to enter only one ship to party system will not allow you to enter more than one ship to party because there no need of other sihp to party.

Sigle ship to party only you can enter in the header.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Murali,

I mean the alternative ship to party, not more than one ship to party.However the problem is solved now

The typical requrement may be as follows.

In a customer master we have shipping point.

Due to reasons i want to byepass that shipping point and allocate a alternative shipping point By doing this i am not selecting one more shipping point , but a different shipping point for an interim period

Best Regards

Durai.