Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform output ( printout ) is not the same as the preview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Freinds,

I have developed smartform , iam able to get data

very much clear font and the design . However when i running the smart form through repot to give print using the Output Device Locl or LP01. I can see the output is not coming in the printout which is there in Print Preview.

The Print Preview as below :

Print preview the below is the data:

ID : _____________QTY :____________

Address :_________Pincode :____________

Final printout in the paper (when using the output device

Locl or LP01) the data is coming as below

Name : _______ QTY :____________

Address : ___________ Pincode :____________

we can the see the above printing is not correct , as the lines are coming short when

compared to print preview and it is looking as broken lines....

I have used underline for printing the lines using the Paragraph Format from Smart Styles.

Please could you tell me what changes i have to do so that the line should stretch and touch the Qty

, in the printpreview data is coming correctly i can see the line touches till the Qty.

. Please suggest me what i have missed in the smartforms..

thanks & regards

madhuri

Edited by: madhuri_2000 kumari on Oct 29, 2008 8:50 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

refer SAP NOTE 19807

hope it resolve ur issue..

regards,

prashanti

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do not use any para formats , instead you can try this:

use template with following cell BORDER:

Name : ____________Designation:_____________________

cell1|**cell2****|*cell3**|********cell4************|

Cell2 and Cell4 will have 'CELL LOWER FRAME' drawn.

You may try cell upper frame too.

Hope I have been able to convey correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello madhuri

Please try to print the form with device type:sapwin.

Some device types which uses printer driver:STN2 didn't support

form printing very well. (for example:line shifted or broken)

SAPnote-19807 details the problem.

regards

Zhiyuan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhuri

I have faced similar problems.

The printout differs from the print preview. One way to solve the problem is the printer configurations and the other is to make the smartform in such a manner that the layout is more sturdy.

By sturdy, I mean; you can should always use tempelates in the smartform rather than using a single text element to output multiple texts.

Hope this helps.

Neeraj Batra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj Batra ,

Thank yo for replying to my mail , could you please

explain me little bit more how to solve this issue .

Actually iam using the template in this case only .

in one template i have created as

Name : &wa_final-ename&

and as per my requirement ihave to get the output coming from wa_final_ename should be underlined

, hence i have used paragraph format (based on smart style) i have used underline . Iam getting underline under the data coming from

&wa_final_ename& that is fine , but problem is the line is not getting printed fully.

now i can see the ouput as the underline is not coming fully.

iam getting output as Name : _____________

this underline is not coming its full length of the frameset .

here the line not coming fully i mean to say is that the line

starting at left hand side should stretch till the right hand side of the paper (as per the Frameset lengh), but i can see that the line is coming half the paper and not full line.

Please help me

regards

madhuri

Edited by: madhuri_2000 kumari on Oct 29, 2008 8:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhuri

Regret the reply; was under the impression that you were not using template.

Tried a number of other solutions but to no avail.

You must have extended the underline in the text (even if it goes to the next line) and checked iteratively in the printout !!

Will update if I have anything further.

Neeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

As i told u earlier, Name : and &wa_final-ename& should bein different cells of the template. Underline will underline the field till the no of char. so thats not correct. create a new cell for &wa_final-ename& and draw the lower boundary for this cell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Neeraj,

The actual problem is the when i have in the ouput as below :

Name : &wafinal-Name&__________ Designation : &wafinal-Job&________

so iam getting data for Name : Madhuri______ Designation: Supervisor -

> this data

is coming for me correctly when i see in the Print preview.

As in the page the two fields Name and Designation are in the same line i want the underline which is the under Madhuri should extend till the text Designation , but i found in the print preview it is coming

correctly , however in the printout it is coming ast Name : Madhuri______ Desgination: Supervisor______.

i can see there is a gap coming between end of the underline of the Name and the Designation.

Actually my requirement is i wan to have

Name : _____________________________Designation:_________________________________

in first row. But in the printoverview iam ble to see exactly the same above however when i take printout i can the output as

Name : ______________________ Designation:____________________________

I have done in the smartform as per below :

I have used the Table > in the table i have used the Main Area> in the Main area i have created in Row1 and created a cell> Splited the Cell in two > so Row1 is having two cells> in the first cell i have created one text and given in the text area as Name : &Wa_final-Name&____ and in the second cell i have created another text and given in the text area as Designation : &wa_final-Job&________.

So i am not able to extend the underline of the Name : &Wa_final-Name&____ till Designation: &wa_final-Job&________, however iam able to see in the printout and only not getting truncated inthe

printout.

please could let me know how and where i went wrong in getting extended till Designation.

Regards

Madhuri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

your fields might be in template or table. seperate 'Name : ' and ___________ and place them in diffrent cells. then in the cell where you want ________, create a blank text and just draw the bottom line of the cell.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhuri,

It printer problem , if we able to see correct print priview , but not in ptint menasm its toltal printer problem.

Please check with printer settings in SPAD and also touch with BASIS people.

Regards

Jana